1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wrangler Front Axle

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by coblink, Jun 14, 2009.

1. coblink

coblink Junior Member
    from Boston

Fisher plow site list two axles for wrangler up to 2003. One a 2200 # and another a 2500#. You can only put a Homesteader on the 22 but a SD on the 25. What makes a Wrangler have a 2500# axle? Model or option, I cant find any lit. on it. I know you can add airbags to the front end.

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Inside the drivers side door pillar there should be a sticker with weight ratings for both axles, and the whole truck. It will also list your "proper" tire pressures.

3. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

Probably the Rubicon pkg. with the Dana 44 front end. Just a guess, though.

4. tuna

tuna Senior Member

There was no rubicon prior to `03

5. micklock

micklock Senior Member

I think it is the weight of the engine, the 2.5 is 2500 FGAWR and the 4.0 is 2200 FGAWR. The dana 44 and 30 have the same axle tubes but the 44 has a bigger ring and pinion and 30 spline axle shafts.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2009
  6. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

We set-up a saltdogg plow,timbrens up front, used as clean-up...so far so good.