1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wrangler for Gas Station parking lot

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by EasylyConfused, Feb 7, 2005.

1. EasylyConfused

EasylyConfused Junior Member

Is a Jeep Wrangler/TJ powerful enough to clear the lot of a large Gas Station. I need to buy a vehicle before spring, and I want to be able to use it next year for plowing. I like the Idea of the TJ because most of my plowing accounts would most likley be residential. Am I crazy to imagine that I could clear a large gas station parking lot. The lot can hold 11 Tractor Trailers easily. Maybe that would give you an idea of the size of the lot. I need to clear the Gas Station because it's my parents. I live in Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada, so we don't get very wet snow. It's usually fairly light.

2. Boutallnite

Boutallnite Senior Member

A Wrangler can do it with no problems. I have plowed commercial lots that hold 100 + cars. IT might take longer with a wrangler, but as far as handling it (You will be fine). Just get the 4.0L

3. plucnik

plucnik Junior Member
    from Chicago

I've been plowing with my 97 Wrangler with a Western 6.5 for the last 3 years. I wouldn't suggest doing shopping malls but gas stations, strip malls and apartment complexs are no problemo. I keep 300 pounds of ballast in the back and with my 4.0 I can push pretty big loads.

4. EasylyConfused

EasylyConfused Junior Member

Is it possible to plow over a curb? If so, how? We were just looking at where we could put the snow. There is a nice big field that we own off of the parking lot and it would be great to plow the snow up there, but I can't see how that is possible.

5. plucnik

plucnik Junior Member
    from Chicago

Sure......just lift the blade just before you get to the curb and the push will ride up. Just be careful on the first one. I have a manual trans and I release the clutch and "coast" just before I get to the curb. Once you do it, you'll get the idea.