1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wrangler for driveways, fine. Setup suggestions

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by CP Paul, Sep 18, 2009.

1. CP Paul

CP Paul Member

Wrangler is a good suggestion for driveways. 4x4 no doubt, automatic
    What make of plow, size, type?
    Tire make?
    Front suspension mods?
  2. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

Check out the Snow-Ways and Snow Doggs...or better yet...the Plowmeister has the scoop on beafing the suspension.
  3. CP Paul

CP Paul Member

I was told the Wrangler idea may not be so great an idea up here in Canada's capital area.
  4. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

Plowmeister has the scoop on all things Wrangler! He need to chime in. I have plowed a Jeep CJ-7 and it was a good driveway truck, had a 6 1/2' Western on it. Toyotas are also good in this arena, I have done an install on a non-Taco P/U. Was a good setup. Tight spots and driveways need a maneuverable short wheelbase truck. Good for sidewalk jobs kind of as well. However you are not going to move a ton of snow. Leave the mall parking lots to JD Dave.
  5. CP Paul

CP Paul Member

Ya that is what the other Ontario lads are saying now. Not big and strong enough for our winters.
    Makes sense because I never saw any Jeeps with plows on around here.
    Love the idea though, easy to drive and turn, excellent 4X4 but not heavy enough, I think for real big snow falls.
  6. green frog

green frog Senior Member

I used a cherokee for 3 yrs and it rocked until i got into commercial. Get air bags to help support the weight $100 and get unibody stiffeners $200 or less and they are welded in. I had great luck with a western LSX plow. It was a beefed up sport utility about 550 lbs and 7 feet 2 inches wide. I dont think they make them any more but you could find a good used one for sure. Tires 31x10.5 at's worked really well with a little ballast. I tried 32x11.5 because I would go ogg roading in summer but were a little to wide, it was fun but skating over the snow.
  7. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Check out the Jeep section. Lots of nice rigs there.
  8. CP Paul

CP Paul Member

Thanks for the advise guys.
    I appreciate it.