1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wrangler fluid question

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by harborcovemgmt, Feb 18, 2007.

1. harborcovemgmt

harborcovemgmt Junior Member

How it goin guys

Well I just bought a 2005 wrangler x with I6 and a automatic. I have never like Cryslers trans and always hear people having problems with them. Im usually a feen for chaging fluids and was wondering how ofter you guys changed your fuids. Im guessing with plowing you should do it more instead of every 60000 as the manufacture suggests. Also how ofter do you change your transfer case fluids and front and rear end fluids?

I have a saleen mustang for the summer and only run royal purple fluids in that. Do think there is any other fluids that are better to run in the car that the mopar fluids or should i just use them.

Any insite would be great.

Thanks
    DAN

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Motor oil 10K with mobile1
    Dif Oil, I dont know I userly end up going in for a seal every couple of years so 15-20K Mobile 1
    Transfer case and tranny 50K Cynthetic Oil
    water pump 50K
    belts & hoses 50K
    clutch 75K
    grease chasie every 2 storms or more if it was a big storm
    grease drive shaft every 2 storms (to grease the cardigan joints I have to remove the driveshaft so I do them twice a season)

3. harborcovemgmt

wow thats a lot of maintnace i didnt realize you needed to do.

I thought you only had to grease fittings every so many miles

4. theplowmeister

from MA

maintnace is cheep! Just brake something and miss a storm, see how much it cost you in loss of revenue and customers that go to a dependable plower (like me!!!) I have plowed 70 driveways for 18 years and have had 2 brake downs. 1 wheel bearing that was 2 months old, and a lifting "A" frame that wore out. In both cases I was repaired and on the road without missing a dead line.

5. jkitterman

jkitterman Senior Member

Use only the correct fluid for your trans on the Jeep. I am guessing it will be ATF +4 but check the manual.

6. harborcovemgmt

So i should only use mopar fluids?

I didnt know if there were any diff brands to use

7. theplowmeister

from MA

Any auto parts store will have a listing on fluids that are apropreate for your use. Use the best fluid you can (IE mobil1 and not store brand oil).