1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wrangler coil spring spacers and Timbrens ok?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Luppy, Oct 5, 2003.

1. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

Hi guys, I'm new here and I've been looking for a site like this for some time. I'm not new to snowplowing though, and have been working with CJ's and TJ's since 1988 doing mostly residential with a few small lots here and there.

Anyway, this would be for all you Jeep people out there.
    I'm currently running a stock TJ Sport with the Timbren rubber spring installed up front. I've got a set of Daystar 1 3/4 coil spring spacers that I'd like to install but just want to be sure that it wouldn't keep the Timbren from doing its thing.
    Anyone have a similar setup on their Jeep I'd be interested in hearing your comments. thanks!

Here's a picture of the Jeep last winter:
  2. wyldman

wyldman Member

The coil spacers will affect the proper operation of the Timbrens.If you add a 1 3/4 inch coil spacer then you need to add the same amount to the Timbrens,or they will never come into play,and just become fancy bumpstops.
  3. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

Thank you for responding wyldman. I understand what you're saying. What exactly do I buy to add to the Timbrens?
    I'm having a set of DT3000s installed in the Jeep tomorrow, so I figured now would be a good time to get the daystar spacers in. If you can tell me what it is I need to buy to add to them, I can go out today and pick it up.

thanks so much

4. wyldman

wyldman Member

You will need a piece of steel the same thickness as the coil spacers,and the same diameter as the Timbrens.Drill a hole in the center and mount it with a longer bolt between the Timbren and the bumpstop mount.
  5. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

I don't mean to be a pest, just want to make sure I get this done right.

I'm curious about something. This kit came with extended bump stops. Part# DAY-KJ09103 from Rubicon Express.
    Will the extended bump stops fill in the space where you say I should add a piece of steel?

There's the Timbren's on the Jeep now.
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2003
  6. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Dont the Timbrens replace the factory bumpstop? So then, you could only have one or the other. I think you will need to find a round chunk of steel, or a tube, that you weld ends onto, to fit int between the timbren mount and the rubber cone itself. Isn't that how they mount, to the botton of that 'tower' that is inside the coil spring?
  7. wyldman

wyldman Member

The extended bumpstops should do the trick provided you can mount the Aeon spring to it.
  8. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

Snowybowtie I just looked at the rears which have no Timbrens just to see what things look like without them...

I'm thinking the spacer lift kit with a little trimming to the extended bump stops modded a little will fit right in there, maybe in place of that black plastic puck thing, but I wanted to post to see if any other TJ owners out here have used this kit with Timbrens.
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2003