1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wow!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Elite Property Services, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Elite Property Services

Elite Property Services Senior Member

I saw on craigslist something i have ever heard of, a supposed snowplowing company "wanting to buy lots to fill route". Or the guy that is "willing to plow to work off the purchase of drums for boys birthday".:laughing: What next?

2. Landscapes8988

Landscapes8988 Senior Member

post us a link we'll tear him up too!!

3. Elite Property Services

4. Elite Property Services

Anybody got some drums?:laughing:

5. Landscapes8988

Landscapes8988 Senior Member

I am licensed, and have snow plow insurance. I plow during the winter, and have other contracts in place already. I will write up a contract with you that specifies X number of snow falls for free based on the size of your lot, or personal driveway.

you really need a license for snowplowing out there?? :laughing:

6. big acres

big acres Senior Member

Man you guys are brutal... even I have a shred of symapthy for a guy (if he's honest) willing to work of a set of drums for his kid. If he's not honest, then there is a special place for him for playing on peoples sympathy.

7. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Umm, aren't we all working off something that we are paying for?

8. B.Bells

B.Bells Senior Member

i was thinking the same. :yow!: but, give him credit all at the same time. At least hes thinking of his family!

9. big acres

big acres Senior Member

Yeah, that did occur to me, but it does seem in keeping with the whole barter thing that CL is known for... maybe some music shop owner reads it and he's got his one little account for extra $.

My ad would read:

"Great established plow service seeking cutomers at market price to help myself and our employees pay for things like mortgage, medical bills, food, credit card debt, and subsidizing those in this world who do not work. Please call!"

10. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

Mine would read

I have 3 kids that expect to eat 3 times a day and want to wear clothes, I'm not sure where I went wrong with them little snot nosed brats. Anyone have USM"s # Im doing to see if I can make them a deal and get me one of them WalMarts to plow for food and clothes.

If its ligit than I feel for him but I have seen some people live off of others then exspect everyone else to run to them when they need something. I know a guy that smokes, drinks spends all his welfare money on dvd's and eating out every night but then at christmas time play the poor me card and expects everyone else to step up and give his kids stuff. Ok Ill stop here lol

11. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Fixed it for you - I knew what you meant:rolleyes:.

12. big acres

big acres Senior Member

...you got it, Mick -thanks. Funny how one word can change the whole meaning.

13. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

14. Elite Property Services

I have a feeling there will be a large amount of snow plowing equipment for sale in the spring.

15. big acres

big acres Senior Member

niiiice... pretty sure both Grand Rapids and Iron River are a good deal beyond 75 miles, but he did say "I got four wheel drive", so with hard this hard to find technology, he may be capable of much more than you or I.

16. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I could get a total of 35% discount (includes a "referral" discount - doesn't say he has to actually get the job). Get a bid for $15 so he'd beat it by bidding $14 and I'd get $4.90 off. I'd get my driveway plowed for $9.10. I don't think he put a whole lot of thought into this.

17. WALKERS

WALKERS PlowSite.com Addict

I should try that with a FORD dealer or BOSS dealer or .........:laughing:

18. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

i could see buying lots "wanting to buy lots to fill route". but drums :dizzy: