1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SKRAM423, Oct 5, 2001.

1. SKRAM423

SKRAM423 Junior Member

I just went to look at a curtis 3000 model. Very impressive. It has a 4' push frame. automatic hitch and go. all you have to do is hook up the power. you dont have to worry about taking off lights or anything else after the season is over. it's all attached to the plow. it also has a blade you can reverse and use the other side.

I know what I will be using this season.
    Happy plowing!

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

I have only heard a little about the curtis plow but it was all positive. Just curious, what type of plow did you have before?
  3. SKRAM423

SKRAM423 Junior Member

This is my first attempt at the plowing game. Wish me luck. lol

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

The only reason I bring that up is that most if not all manufacturer's have had that set up for about 4-5 years.

A guy near me has a curtis and I pulled over one day to look at and he said it was the best plow he had ever owned. Saying his previous plow was a Fisher and an old western. From the quick look I got of it its well built (lots of bracing on the back of the blade) .

I also remember talking to the designer of the blade at a truck show in Boston a few years ago and i asked him if they thought about a V-plow, he said thats a niche market they could'nt afford to get into yet. If they do get into it someday I'm betting on them giving the other manufacturer's a run for their money.

5. SKRAM423

SKRAM423 Junior Member

Thanks for the info. It just reassures my decision. Any thoughts on insurance? I have read that many people get liability for slips/falls. Couldnt you put in contract that you are not responsible for slips/falls? How hard would it be to make $5000 in one season? That would be about the investmant I will be putting into equip. and suplies.

6. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

The Curtis drive in design is one of the most innovative yet. With the handles up hig and hyfraulic stand there is very little beding. Further the frame is very heavy duty. My only problem is that there is no dealers here and I prefer a trip edge blade. I will stick with my Fishers and one Diamond:)
  7. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

Curtis plows will be one of the lines represented at the BBQ for those interested last year. Mike_plow did demo's on how it attaches.