1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wow..wow..

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rush, Oct 15, 2006.

1. rush

rush Member

2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Thats one pissed off machine!

3. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

4. rush

rush Member

I bet if you owned both thoes it would open all sorts of doors to getting really BIG accounts.....like malls...airports and such

5. DaveVB

DaveVB Junior Member

We had two of these (54K Rollovers) and 4-34K rollovers at McConnell AFB in Wichita ks.
    They usually required two people in the cab, one to steer and shift, the other to run the plow. When turning around you had to downshift to keep the rpms up so the plow would rollover in time to be ready for the next pass. It was a sight to behold seeing all six coming down a runway in formation, rooster tails just a flying. I am sure others have more experiences with more than what we had, but it was fun while it lasted.
    We also had two of the snow blowers listed above. They rotated out in '93-'94. To replace them we got four Oshkosh MP trucks. They each came with a 2000 ton per hour blower with side discharge or truck loading chute, and a 12 foot street blade and 14 foot runway blade. We promptly upgraded to 18 foot wesport runway blades. They were pretty sweet. All the controls were in the joystick, comfortable cabs, good heat etc....
    Ah well, there's my two cents. DaveVB

6. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Those are cool. That Oshkosh is just amazing. I bet you could see that through a snow storm without an issue. No strobes needed on that.

7. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

:eek: :eek: Thats a huge plow truck!:eek: :eek:

8. bihnsmoked

bihnsmoked Junior Member

wow is right

those r amazing trucks can you say
    payup
    payup
    payup

9. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

a blower is no good for malls unfortunately. Those pesky rocks tend to gravitate to windows.