1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wow who would do this???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowguys, Jan 26, 2009.

1. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

email this posting to a friend chicago craigslist > city of chicago > general labor jobs

Skyline Maintenance is looking for some seasonal employees to help with snow removal at apartment complexes we service on the south side of Chicago.

Here is the situation.....

-You will be given a group of 6 buildings to remove snow weekly.
    -You will be responsible for keeping these 6 buildings clear of snow and ice EVERY TIME IT SNOWS.
    -Some of the buildings have small parking lots so YOU MUST HAVE YOUR OWN SNOW BLOWER and shovels
    -Skyline will provide salt
    -You must be on call with some early or late hours as snow is unpredictable
    -You must have your own transportation

-You are guaranteed $100 per week for your services.
    -Even if it doesnt snow you will recieve $100 for being on call.
    -If you are sent out once in a week you will recieve $100.
    -If you are needed TWICE or more in a week you will be paid $150.

These are the terms of the job, no exceptions.

This job will last into March with possible continuation into the spring for other services.

Please respond via email if you are SERIOUS

Skyline Maintenance
    skyline.wills@gmail.com

Compensation: skyline.wills@gmail.com
    This is a part-time job.
    This is a contract job.
    Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
    Please, no phone calls about this job!
    Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
    PostingID: 1001570207

2. ogdenflooring

ogdenflooring Member

WOW is all I can say.

oh......... and recession

3. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

will they throw in a apartment too. something close to a crack dealer would be better, i'd hate to be trippin when im trippin lol

4. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

If you do them twice that like 12 bucks per place ? :help::help: Wow I didn't know how bad the economy was

5. milkie62

milkie62 Senior Member
    from Troy,NY

Thats the problem,the contractor should be making what the sub makes and the sub should be making what the contractor makes.No wonder why contractors cannot keep subs.The way I worked years ago for a contractor was : If you used the contractors truck you were paid 20% of the job and he got 80%.If you used your own truck ,you made 80% and the contractor made the 20%.It worked for me,till I went on my own....