1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wow whata day

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by dieselpusher, Dec 10, 2006.

1. dieselpusher

dieselpusher Senior Member

hey guys i just finished mounting a 89 gmc plow mount to a 89 ford bronco. let me tell you thats alot of welding and grinding but it came out awesome looks good. i gotta make the rear push bars tomrrow and wire up the headlights

its alot of work for a 16 year old but im glad i know how to weld :redbounce

question...when i wire the haedlights should i make it that that the markers and turns work when the lights are on but a toggle switch for the plow headlights?
  2. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

I have toggle swithces on my gmc. Western unimount plow. Did it to be able to run both lows and Highs at the same time, in white out conditions. Lights on this one are dim. Seems to work fine, but kind of a PITA
  3. dieselpusher

yeah thats what ive been told

but im confused

i have 5 wires out of each light one ground two that operate the marker and the other two dont do nething when touched to the battery
  4. lawnzplowboy

lawnzplowboy Junior Member

I just wired up my plow lights on my 79 1 ton, the 5 wires that come out of the lights for mine were: 1 ground, 1 for the marker lights, 1 for the turn signal, 1 for high beam, and 1 for low beam. I wired mine up to a switch so I can switch them between the head lights on the truck and the plow lights. If you need a wiring diagram I could probably post a copy of the one I have for you. If you don't want to go to all the trouble of wiring up a switch I've heard of some guys that just use spade terminals and hook the plow lights up to the facotry head light plugs for when the plow is on the truck then they just plug the head lights back in when they take the plow off. Seems like this could be a pain though. Hope this info helps.
  5. dieselpusher

yeah i wired my turns and parking lights to the factory unit and im runing the headlights on the plow from a switch
  6. I have done the EXACT same to my trucks. I like this setup way better than all the relays and garbage, plus you don't need a vehicle specific harness to make it work....:drinkup:
  7. dieselpusher

yeah i hate the relays and whatnot

nothings better than some toggle switches to make the boys toys start up