1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WOW... They Built there Building to help the snow Contractor

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Clapper&Company, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Its hard to belive some one was thinking about there snow guy!!

LIBERTY TWP., Ohio — Area business and government leaders praised Cincinnati Children's Liberty Campus as the catalyst for what township Administrator Dina Minneci called a "domino effect": the satellite campus, which saw its first patient last month, was projected to become a magnet for related businesses moving to the area.

That projection has come true.

Township trustees considered at their Sept. 3 meeting plans by Cincinnati-based We Do Snow to build a 10,000-square-foot facility at 6900 Hamilton-Mason Road. Kim Hoekstra said the facility is being built specifically so that the snow removal company can service the Liberty campus.

We Do Snow has been clearing snow and ice from the hospital's campuses since 2004, and Hoekstra said the medical facilities have extremely stringent requirements.

"It's a completely different kind of snow-pushing," he said. Hospital director of grounds Craig Ballard said requirements include around-the-clock plowing that starts as soon as snow falls and follows a specific priority list.

"What we don't want is down time before the snow hits," he said. "We want to solve that problem before it becomes a problem."

Hoekstra said We Do Snow's 10,000-square-foot Cincinnati facility has bunk rooms to allow its 130 seasonal staff members to work continuous shifts when snow hits. While the Liberty Twp. facility does not include beds, he said employees — including 18 new seasonal employees — will stay at area hotels when necessary to keep the plows running.

Hoekstra's wife and business partner, Mary Hoekstra, said location played a big role in the selection of the new site, which will also clear snow from the hospital's campuses in Mason and Deerfield Twp.

"We needed something that's going to be close, so that when we needed to be there, we wouldn't be stuck in traffic," she said.

Kim Hoekstra said We Do Snow will operate out of a temporary facility this winter. Construction of the new facility is expected to begin next year, with doors opening in time for the winter of 2009.

Friday, September 26, 2008

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Clapper go back to your Ohio thread !:rolleyes:

3. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

I just saw you just posted this too

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I'd say great minds think alike but I'd be lieing.

5. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

LOL thanks JD

6. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Thats cool to bad everyone out there dosen't think about us plow drivers and get the hell out of the way in a storm.

7. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

so true steve

8. snowman55

snowman55 PlowSite.com Addict

they designed it so it can be maintained easily and more economically has nothing to do with the snow operators. smart move, we have townhomes in Minnesota that have no snow storage and 15 steps to every unit and they wonder why there snow services cost more than the assoc next door that has 3' entrance walks and storage areas near every drive?

9. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

From reading the post I believe it is the snow company building (having built) the 10,000 ft building to service a very large & demanding long term client. It only makes sense to do somthing like that, I would if enough $$$ was involved & length of contract allowed. Basicy the hospital wants in-house service.

10. snowman55

snowman55 PlowSite.com Addict

guess i misread it. its still in their best interest not the snow removal operators. it still makes me shake my head at the property designs people come up with in snow areas

11. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

that way if its easy enough to plow they can have the maintence guy plow it