1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WOW>>> The new Chevy is way stronger than the ford

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Maleko, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

2. pheasantfarmer

pheasantfarmer Member
    from MN

wow the bed on the f-350...

3. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

chevy commercial. Don't forget to think of that too.

Amazing how the ford flexed!!! Yikes

4. Shaw

Shaw Member

I seen this last night. I was going to post it, but i didnt want to. I m a Ford guy and I hate to said that Chevy has the better truck all around.

5. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

I don't believe. Only I will believe after these have 200K miles and still driveable.

Have 99 F250 5.4L with 246K miles and still running.

6. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

I drive in ditches.....like every other truck owner.:eek: How about real world situations? If I'm in a ditch...there will be major problems either way!!!!

But I do agree that this situation clearly the chevy frame is superior!

7. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Wow! I'm a Ford, Chevy, Dodge guy so I don't really pick a favorite, I have had multiple examples of all three. Man, that Ford bends easy and the new chevy looks nice as well as strong.

8. Bibbo

Bibbo Senior Member

id be curious to see the dodge how the dodge fared on that test

9. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Hmm what about all the cracks in GM frames(search chevy forum "frame cracks"). They do not talk about that one do they. It's advertising people. Don't be so gullible. Do you think Howie Long is doing this from an engineering standpoint...nope just for the $$.
    T.J.

10. Yooper75

Yooper75 Senior Member

You still could not pay me to by a Gooberment Motors vehicle.

11. Drew2010

Drew2010 Senior Member

x2 on the commercial... my fords frames flex when in ditches like that and such, my trucks have probably been flexed thousands of times and they are still straight and strong. So it twists, whats the problem, it doesn't stay flexed after you drive out of that position. Each truck gets sh** done, but I will venture out to say this, I see alot more high mileage fords then chevys... There you guys go, I said it. Bring on the bashing...

12. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

So many flaws... Where do we start... :rolleyes: If Ford paid for that "independent testing" the results would be flip flopped. Notice when the tailgate dented on the ford, that they rolled the left front off the ramp, yet they didn't with the chevy when they opened the tailgate. :rolleyes: Wait til Dodge does the same test, chevy and ford will be failures. :dizzy: Don't doubt for a minute that GM didn't weaken the Ford in the tests, and likewise with Ford's promo materials, they do whatever they have to to make their product look superior.

Edit: LOL, just watched it again... Now why do you suppose they had the camera zoomed in on the Ford's tailgate at that exact second? LOL Totally staged!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
  13. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

obviously that proves gm is better then ford. no more threads are needed to discuss this subject. lets all just agree that each truck has it pros and cons and in the end we pick what we like. that is what is comes down to pretty much, personal choice.

14. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I think the nay sayers need to get some first hand experience with the 11 GM's. I have and the difference btw them and pre 11 is unbelievable. I don't see it as a sales ploy. Show me a Ford commercial that shows the opposite. As for the GM cracked frame thing, crawl under a Ford that goes through the same abuse as the GM's that crack the frames. I can tell you first hand that my twin 04 350's are cracked to sh!t and repaired several times over. Front and rear. Fronts before they even had plows. I've never had a crack in any of my GM's. That's not to say it won't happen.............

GM stepped it up boys, let's be glad they did. Calling BS isn't going to change anything.

15. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Amen.......

16. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

We know that you bought 2 used f350 from company. Trust me I have witness employers beat snot out Ford and Chevy.

17. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

In all honesty I think it comes down to the suspension. ifs vs solid. I think that has a lot to do with how it all flexes. Call me stupid but thats just my opinion.

18. dodge15004x45.9

dodge15004x45.9 Senior Member
    from malvern

I love how they left dodge out of some of the test thats very instering.

19. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Oh by all means, I'm not denying they've had a hard life. I love the trucks and we work them to death.........I was just saying that nothing's perfect, that's all. :salute:

20. dodgeboy06

dodgeboy06 Member

I have to agree that it is a commercial and as such things might be skewed one way to make the advertiser's point but I do have to agree with Bibbo and TJS's points on the matter. They wrote exactly what I was thinking watching the ad.