1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WOW the first snow for NJ

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by kemmer, Jan 18, 2007.

1. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

I took a picture so we could remember what it looks like

IMG_0447.jpg

2. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Is that snow!!!!!!!!! :dizzy: Hey Kemmer.... Thats about what use longislanders got!!!
    Looks good I hope there is more where that came from....... :nod:

3. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

ya i kinda wanted to hook up the plow just to have it on once this year lol

I was looking on accuweather and they say the storm in Texas may develop into something

4. Quality SR

No kidding....... I hope it does... that is a nice setup you have there... Good luck to you, I have my figures crossed :drinkup:

5. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

lol, yeah down central/south jersey we saw a bit more than a dusting too. And then it started to rain/mist/drizzle at 32deg F :confused: Not even enough snow to let the dogs out to have their fun:)

6. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

i lived to see snow in NJ :redbounce :nod:

7. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Kemmer-

I'd assume you didn't plow...right? We only got about 1/2' here, my trigger is 1 1/2".

8. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

ya no where close to plowing, we got like 1/4 of an inch, i was hoping for at least an inch so there was a chance of having the guy i sub for call me and tell us we can go out even tho his trigger is 1.5"

Matt your triggers 1.5"? for residential? i cant believe your customers would agree for something so low lol, good job selling it to them

9. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Ryan-

Yeah, most of them agreed to 1.5" (paved). They're really high end clients, and like to have their drives plowed when there's more than just a dusting. Beleive it or not, there were a few guys near me who plowed their drives this morning :eek: ...not enough for me, most of the snow was melted by the time I got home from School anyways.:dizzy:

10. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

When I was out driving around last night, I saw several outfits gearing up with the plows on their trucks and such. Seemed to me like a huge waste of time. If we even got what you could consider a liight dusting, that would be a lot. We mainly got ice and sleet anyways. Just made for a lot of accidents.

11. NNJSnow

NNJSnow Senior Member

We did a lot of salting...and were gonna do more salting tonite.

-Jeff

12. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

ive only seen a couple places with any salt this year :)

I too am supprised with the plowing of 1.5", seems like nothing really. Most of my customers i start at 4-5" or more for snowblowing at least, anything less theyll usually run it over with their cars or shovel themselves for free. These are 300-650k homes too.

I get a few that still want it done at like 3" or more but thats it, when its 20", everyone possible calls, i get backed up, and just a bunch of angry people who wanted it done yesterday, hell when nj is in a state of emergency these people think they need to leave 3hrs after the blizzard is done:realmad:

13. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

Yea I have a 1" trigger for my commercial lot and it did snow about a half an inch two mornings in a row. So that is just like one inch so i just said the hell with it and dropped the blade LOL. I was surprised to see how big my piles were when i was done. I will post a couple of pics here tomorrow. That was such a releif to get that out of my system.

14. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

Here is a few pics. I guess I got over excited but this was our first measurable snowfall.

first snow-1.jpg

first snow-2.jpg

first snow-3.jpg

first snow-4.jpg

15. Quality SR

Weather Channel is calling for.................. RAIN!!!! Tonight in to early tomorrow morning. " With the cold ground the rain will freeze"... Hopefully i can go out tonight and salt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:redbounce

16. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

Really they said snow in northern jersey and maybe, maybe some freezing rain. Lucky if we get an inch!:bluebounc

17. tkahike

tkahike Member

JeepPlow 18, funny I grew up a mile from those pics.

18. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

Very cool. I just moved here when I was 8.:waving:

19. Quality SR

Well we didn't get anything... :realmad: They are calling for light snow tonight and there is a storm moving in Thursday... :bluebounc