1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wow! Look at my old suspension stops

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by chcav1218, Sep 27, 2008.

1. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

I was replacing my shocks and installing timbrens and when I went to unbolt the old rubber stops, this is what i found.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

you need Fluid Film......

3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I see nothing wrong?:confused:

Holy crap! :D I think those have seen better days.

4. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

Yeh they were pretty messed up. I have looked into fluid film too, I just need to get the undercarriage really cleaned up first. I dont think the local car wash will quite cut it. I've heard of getting the undercarriage steam cleaned, and then relubricated, I just dont know anyplace where I can get it done.

5. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

with those old stops, im sure your front end loved having a blade hang off it :D lol it'll be like night and day now with the timbrens

6. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

yeh it was pretty bad, luckily the truck hasn't plowed yet. This will be its first winter.

7. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Looks like you applied some heat persuasion to get the nut off. Plow trucks have the weirdest stuff rust out. The Big Red Drain had the mount for the drivers side seat belt rust out. I just discovered it today.