1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WOW! Is this an awesome picture or what??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Midwest, Nov 24, 2004.

1. Its the day before Thanksgiving, and its snowing in Missouri. :redbounce Just had to take a pic and let you guys drool :cry: I don't know if I'll get enough to plow, or even if it won't melt, but I got all excited!!!!

snowtruck.JPG

2. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Have fun and be safe if you are able to go out and plow. Just going to rain here with a snow shower possible late tonight or early morning.

3. Andy N.

Andy N. Senior Member

Damn, I would have had a round of salt down already.

4. RidgeCon

RidgeCon Senior Member

Andy, I was going to say the same thing, I would have been firing up the sander on the back of that truck... :redbounce

5. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

Snow?

Up at 5 am...got all excited...hooked up the plow...drank some coffee...went and did a dry run 20 miles away...and all I got was 10 inches of snow that never stuck and a major case of depression. (along with knocking the damn cover off my relays when unplugging my unit!) :cry:

6. Up North

Up North Senior Member

How could you get 10 inches of snow with none of it sticking? You must have time to plow some of it... :confused:

Buck

7. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

stretched it a little...4-6...but ground was too warm.

8. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

I would of scraped that and I'm not kidding (for roads and lots), but for driveways, I'd salt / sand mix! Sidewalks - I plow.

9. bolensdriver

None stuck? Must suck.

I haven't even had any plowable snow up here in NH yet. :cry:

10. ZR2plower

ZR2plower Member

What is wrong with this picture? Snow in Missouri and rain with predicted 60 degree temps for tomorrow in Maine! :(

11. bolensdriver

I agree. I'm in NH and still haven't got snow. :cry:

12. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Geez, that looks like enough to start pushing. don't you have triggers that are "a dusting"? :rolleyes:

13. Up North

Up North Senior Member

LOL! Yeah I guess we do that from time to time. Our ground is pretty frozen up here, if it snows...it'll be here for awhile.

Buck

14. Its 12:45 and I just got home!!!

Unbeleiveable, we got around 5 inches of snow after it was all done. Had a Blast plowing and salting, made some darn good cash payup . This morning it was 42 degrees and raining, who knows, maybe my prayers were answered lol..

ps. this was the heaviest, wettest snow I've ever plowed.

15. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

Hey Midwest...I noticed you have a V-box spreader...do you load it with bulk or bag feed it ? Just curious.

16. bulk, definately!! it would take about 60 bags to fill it up, and I can get a full load of salt for about $80(60ton) and it only takes 3 minutes :cool: I'm also lucky to have T&N Feed and Seed about 3/4mile from me. They're one of the biggest salt suppliers in the midwest :p

17. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Midwest, Glad you got the 5", we only got 3", enough to make some payup. BOAST