1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wow how would this work?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Evanbrendel, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Evanbrendel

Evanbrendel Senior Member

2. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

3. NorthernSvc's

NorthernSvc's Senior Member

ohh yea baby.... thats an ol plow, you could always re route the lines but at that point better off with a diff plow

4. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

I've seen those old units scabbed to the inner fenders and underhood and some PTO cables rigged to work the levers also. Not to mention a few i've seen with 1/4" solid rod bent and through the firewall used to activate the levers.

They were intended to be mounted in the cab though .

TOM

5. Evanbrendel

icic i have no interest in buying this just thought it was interesting.

6. gamberbull13

gamberbull13 Senior Member

I like that he added it has a new cutting edge ha

7. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

I got a kick out of that as well, although that cutting edge looks just as bad as the rest of the set up!

8. Evanbrendel

i think he means it needs one.

9. gamberbull13

gamberbull13 Senior Member

Not to go out on a limb here, but im pretty sure that thing needs more than an edge

10. JMR

JMR Senior Member

I think that is about the same setup I had on my first plow truck, a 51 Willys PU. Hoses ran all the way in to the cab. I plowed with it for 3 - 4 season and had no problems with it. Mine was in a little better shape, but that was like 34 years ago.

11. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

400 dollars, id give him like 4 dollars

12. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

Thats one Meyer you wouldn't have to worry about freezing up, unless your heat didn't work haha

13. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

It is a old Monarch unit and a lot were mounted on the passenger floor next to the transmission tunnel. That is why us old guys have longer right arms-we had to lean over to operate it

14. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

forgot to mention that it was rare for them to fail. What would happen was the contact spring would break-so you carried spares. The contact spring was at the center of the far control rod. It would make contact to go up or down-powered each way. If you look closely you will see the spring that centered the rod between the contact points