1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wow great job chevy

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jce4isu, Dec 5, 2006.

1. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

i have been driving my father in laws 07 3500 srw with the d max

all i can say is wow i love this truck 6 speed w/ manual shift tons of power

GREAT JOB CHEVY KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK wesport wesport wesport

will post pics soon

2. jbone

jbone Senior Member

My friend just picked up a left over 05' and I love it!! I cant even imagine one w/ a 6spd and the new dmax:bluebounc

3. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Couldn't agree more, I have a 06 SRW. Love it.

4. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

i had a 2500hd with 8.1L and the d-max blows it away

hope he doesnt get mad i put 1000 miles on it

5. jbone

jbone Senior Member

I absolutely love the dmax and would honestly rather have that over my 8.1. BUT......stock for stock my 02' 8.1 sierra seems to do just as well towing as does the dmax (at least the 05' dmax anyhow). and racing the 8.1 blew the dmax away. the only thing that I see better w/ the dmax than the 8.1 is the gas mileage. Again i dont want to knock the Dmax and I would give up my 8.1 for it b/c of gas mileage but stock for stock I really dont see much of a difference. Just my opinion

6. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

i also loved my 8.1L it does better on gas than my 6.0 and no lack of power

7. Jpocket

Jpocket Senior Member

There really is no difference, the Dmax just makes most of it's power right off idle, where as the big block needs to get wound up.

Towing the same load with the big block you would need about half throttle, the dmax would just be touching the throttle.

8. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I really wanted to get a couple year old Dmax for my next truck, but with the resale being what it is and the diesel costing more, I'm thinking about going with the 8.1 instead. I don't like the 6.0, wouldn't buy one of those. I get 13-14 mpg now with a 6.5 diesel, and pay 30-40 cents a gallon more than regular gas. I can get into a used 2500 hd with an 8.1 a lot cheaper than a Dmax, I think the 8.1 is actually a selling point in my favor since "nobody wants a gas hog big block", right? The 8.1 gets you the Allison tranny also and you can get 4:10 gears which you can't with a Dmax, they only give you 3:73s.

btw, what is the difference between a srw 3500 and a 2500hd? Because before they reintroduced the 3500 srw, the 2500hd WAS the single wheel one ton. Everybody calls it a 3/4 ton, but it was not a 3/4, that was the regular 2500. And for a few years 3500 designated drw. Only thing I've noticed is the new srw 3500s seem to be all longbed, maybe the longer wheelbase gives them a little more towing capacity??