1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WoW Bought my New Cutting edge

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Antlerart06, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Yesterday went to western dealer to pick up a Edge for my 11' Coats plow that's on my tractor. I look it up was 6 years ago was when I bought the one that is on it now. I paid $298.00 6 yrs ago

My Coats plow takes 3/4'' x 8'' x 11' out the door $387.00 that is cheap I ask what it cost for a 9.6 V plow and he said $450 I told him that's just wrong.
    There was another guy in there buying a 9.6 V plow edge and he was telling me he wish he could find one cheaper. He said he was only getting one season out them.
    I told him a tip is to double up on the ends will slow down the wear.
  2. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

That's expensive!
  3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I think that's about what I pay on my blizzards.
  4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Edges on my Boss 9.2 V are $200 per side. Sucks the V plows and expandable type plows use such costly edges.
  5. B-2 Lawncare

B-2 Lawncare Senior Member

Wow six years, If I get a year out of the cutting edge on my tractor I am happy.
  6. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Same, your doing good!
  7. Antlerart06

Well I have side broads on mine makes it a box plow So the sides helps slow wear down
    One year it never left the shop Didn't have any snow to plow

I don't windrow with the 11' Coats I have a 10'' hydro swing Rhino Rear blade to windrow
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  8. bub3020

bub3020 Member
    from ma.

Wow! I guess i wont complain about paying $292 for my 11' edge!
  9. Antlerart06

Was yours 8'' tall or the standard 6''

I could bought standard 6'' tall for $100 less
  10. bub3020

bub3020 Member
    from ma.

11. truckitup

truckitup Senior Member

I wish I even got a year out of mine. Western MVP 3 $425 cutting edge $200 for the rubber on the wings. New this year, just ordered new one's
  12. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member

I order all my edges from angelos supply. My uni v was 125.00 for both sides and the rubber and brackets about a month ago.
  13. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

I got my plow when I was 15 with a somewhat new cutting edge.. I replaced it for the first time this year,I am almost 22. Cutting edge cost me $130 dollars but I'm still using a 7.5ft Meyers
  14. Antlerart06

My first OEM didn't last one year either
    That's reason I make my Western V plow edges Pro + plows My last one lasted 2 winters
    Make my Boss V plow edges. Even made one for my new plow on my Skid

Even make the wing replacement this year I use a free Grader tire for the replacement for the wings. So far its holding well

I can make them for half the price as a OEM edges

I use 5/8'' x 8'' stock and double it up on the ends