1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wow 1997 F 250 12,000 miles mint

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by MatthewG, Oct 28, 2010.

1. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

2. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

I want it.

3. VIPHGM

VIPHGM Senior Member

to bad its not diesel... but good looking truck

4. Elite Property Services

Elite Property Services Senior Member

There still out there nice find.

5. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

wow,if i had cash i would be on the road right now going to get it! i love that body style ford and along with the older dodges!

6. Drew2010

Drew2010 Senior Member

or a 350 with a dana 60...

7. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

Thats a lot of trips around the parking lot. Nice find.

8. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

thats in awesome shape.

i'm surprised to see a gas 250 bring that kind of money. a gas 350 - maybe, a powerstroke 350 - yes.

9. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

Seems like price is pretty high for a 13 y.o. basic/stripper model F-250. Half the miles on it are probably plow miles! Would be worth it more if it was a diesel, was a an F-350 or had a plow on it that was not a Meyer.

10. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

i agree, sure its low miles but theres nothing special about that truck. a stripped 250 gas with a meyer isnt worth s*&t in my book. now a 97 powerstroke 350 xlt is a different story.

11. Honest Mike

Honest Mike Member

There is nothing special about that truck. Its in really good shape for its age, yes, but l wouldnt buy it. To me, its an old plow truck, that is probably rusty from laying around so much. Like someone above said, its a cheap plain Jane model, and has a plow setup on it most of us here on this board would not want lol. For the amount of money that truck is up to, you could get a much newer truck, with more miles, maybe with no plow on it, and get your own plow, a better plow than that Meyer setup. Just my opinion.

12. Honest Mike

Honest Mike Member

Its a 250, so does it even have a solid front axle in it?? If not, he can keep it for sure lol.

13. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

no it dont have solid front only 350s but its still nice and people still want them its a good truck cheap and no dealer breathing down there back to buy it:laughing:

14. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

severly overpaying its got that worst idea ever scissor axle and the smaller not so powerful motor. it is in nice condition but not worth what the bids at

15. JohnRoscoe

JohnRoscoe Senior Member

Makes me feel good abt. my '00 F150 w/ 25k & a Boss V!

If his is worth $12k, mine must be worth at least $15k & maybe $20, right? LOL!