1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wounded Flipper

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by grandview, Feb 10, 2009.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Time to get the welder out.

plowing 09 5.jpg

2. veggin psd

veggin psd Senior Member

Been there, fixed that. Weld a little stock on it, straighten out the damaged are first and it will be as good as new.

Boss V's dont die, they just wear out.........slowly. wesport

3. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

Wait wait Wait! So does that mean you finally used your driveway decoration...i mean backup truck? lol

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Nope. Still a bird feeder!

5. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

get ready for thursday morning. supposed to have white outs. the week off was nice but now its time to get back to work and make some payup

6. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

they don't wear out..they just remind you that they need a little love every once and a while too.. otherwise you might forget about her...:jester:

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I touched on this once before GV but here it is again since I like you....

To help prevent that issue run TWO lock nuts and TWO washers...one on each side of the bracket. It helps take the twisting stress off the thin section of the bracket and also helps to keep the spring from pulverizing the bracket if the spring breaks.

Haven't lost a bracket on a double nut setup yet...

8. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Interesting, that must be why the new eye bolts I bought has 2 washers and nuts on them. I was wondering why it had 2 of each.

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Right Doug, they finally got smart.