1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Would you reccomend this??

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by fernesto, Jul 22, 2011.

1. fernesto

fernesto Junior Member

I have a 2002 F150 4.6L v8 4x4. Would you reccomend me plowing with it?? I have a Meyers EZ Classic ST-90 off of my previous truck (95' F250 SD). I could buy the correct mounts or I could go with a lighter plow. What do you all think?? Any suggestions will be appreciated.
  2. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

Is the front end rated to carry the weight of that plow? How much does the plow weigh? How big is this plow
  3. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

it will plow, but the truck and it's front end are not as heave as a superduty, so it will not plow for as long before something breaks.
    we use one for cleanup work, but not for mainline plowing.
  4. fernesto

fernesto Junior Member

Well the blade took 3 of us to put in into the back of my truck and we were struggling. The rest is fairly heavy too. I was thinking of looking for a used plow that was lighter, maybe a ploy board or something
  5. JD822

JD822 Member

The ST-90 is a heavy plow, and you will be fixing the front end all the time, if not snapping torsion bars. I personally would sell it and buy a lighter plow like a Western/Fisher HTS, Boss Sport Duty, Sno-Way Series 26, or if you like Meyer, the Drive Pro. Keep the weight down as much as possible imho. Any plow though will cause stress on the front and you will have to turn your torsion bars up a bit to handle the weight. Good luck!

Weights for 7'6 w/o mounts:

Western HTS: 412#

Fisher HTS: 414#

Sno-Way Series 26: 471#

Boss Sport Duty: 421#

Meyer Drive Pro: Steel @ 575#; Poly @ 620#

Hiniker: 460#

If you just want to do your drive ONLY, then something like the Western Suburbanite/Fisher Homesteader would work out well. They are @ 270# for a 7'4.
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2011