1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Would you plow with it???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowplowjay, Nov 2, 2003.

1. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Found this International with a front loader on it.

Would you plow it????

2. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

To me it would be a little use less.I wonder how high it lifts.The blade seems a little small for plowing and my guys would be hitting all kind of curbs and stuff with them low rails for the loader down the side.
  3. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

looks like a nice truck but i would loose that thing on the front.
  4. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

It looks like Muck. My son's Bob the Builder Toy.

Jay send me an e-mail cause the PM came in blank.
  5. Looks like some kind of self loader type bucket rather than a plow. I might try to plow with it, if I really had to.
  6. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

I think the loader front goes all the way to the back and dumps in itself
  7. smwmarc

smwmarc Junior Member
    from Maine

What is it suppose to be?

I guess it it would work if it is all together, but I think that is one of the strangest looking rigs I have ever seen. Reminds me of something that the toy makers would have dreamed up for my kids. Bob the builder stuff! I don't think it is much of a dozer never mind trying to be a loader! I can't imagine that the front tire doesn't rub it when turning. I guess I am too used to seeing "normal" blades on trucks.
  8. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

They run quite a few of em in the Spr. area. Almost all the city trucks have the self loading bucket on em. Works pretty trick. I wouldnt plow with it but if you were in the snow removal side it could speed things up.....wouldnt need a loader.....just drive into a pile and scoop away, or it would be a self loading salter. :cool: But you couldnt plow with it IMO and if you put an actual plow on it you couldnt use the scoop. The thing weights a deccent chunk too so it might put too much weight on an axel to be legal if you load it with a plow and salt and all that.
  9. CPSS

CPSS Senior Member

Don't plow with it. There doesn't appear to be any trip edge, or similar mechanism. Imagine hitting a manhole or curb? Something would break for sure.:nono:
  10. Adams plowing

Adams plowing Senior Member

That truck would probably be of no use for plowing but i would think if it is indeed self loading that it could be rather helpful during removal of snow especially for a smaller company that doesn't quite have the capital to buy both a loader and a dump they could get both in one and possibly save money also they would save money on man hours because one man in one vehicle could do a job that normally would take 2 people and 2 vehicles
  11. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

Its something that you wouldnt see everyday as a plow truck. Looks like a sturdy blade but more for dirt then snow. Nice truck besides the plow though :)
  12. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

I was kidding when I asked if you guys would plow with I knew better then to be serious :) I posted it because I got a kick out of how it said SNOW PLOW as a use in the description.

Ill post a few more pics now if I can find the link again.

13. cnypropertysvcs

cnypropertysvcs Member

That looks like a 4-in-1 clam shell type bucket. The kind you see on loaders and skid steers for picking up debris- fall and spring municipal clean-ups. I think it wuold be ok for moving snow, just drive into the pile, close the clam and load the truck, I do not think it would work very well for plowing. It's too rigid of a frame and would not stand up to the abuse of pushing snow. Other than that I aso think that it is a nice looking truck.

14. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Nah, no good for plowing, I dont see a trip edge on it, unless you just cant see it from the angle of the picture. Thats a real nice truck, it should have a nice plow hanging off the front. I dont know about you guys, but Id like to take that 4wheeler in the background for a quick spin, LOL! :D Mike :drinkup:
  15. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I like the idea of a self-loading salt truck, but as others have said, that bucket would be more of a hinder than a help in clearing snow.

BTW Meyer, whats a COPPA Member?
  16. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Snowy: COPPA is some type of act which protects minors. Chuck posted a description a little while back.

Heres another picture of this truck.

17. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

I guess, looks more like a self loader.

Jay, would you plow with it?

18. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

Looks to be prety much useless for plowing.
  19. NNJSnow

NNJSnow Senior Member

I don't understand why people do that to perfectly nice trucks, but i guess whatever floats your boat.....i would take the loader part off put a plow on make it a nice plowing, year round machine
  20. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

Talk about beating a truck, think about all the stress on the tranny, drive train, front end, and the frame. The thing couldn't possibly lift enough to be usefull IMO, think about how much trouble a huge loader can have lifting and how they can get tipsy with out front leaf springs. I don't get why people do what they do :rolleyes: . Other than that its a nice truck - the front bucket. It's a good conversational peice... ;)
    My .02