1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

would you plow drives with a 580 backhoe

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by fireboy6413, Jan 8, 2011.

1. fireboy6413

fireboy6413 Senior Member

Well I have a development where I have 90% of the homes and have had them for 4 years nor, well some idiot just moved in this year and yes he has a backhoe, hes going out under cutting me and im getting pissed, every storm he takes more and more from me. Who in their right mind would plow driveway with a backhoe. :angry: :angry: :angry:
  2. Neige

Neige Sponsor

I actually have two companies that plow with backhoes. Really have never been a threat to me.
  3. fireboy6413

fireboy6413 Senior Member

wow im surprised, ive never seen it done, I assume yeh no prob if theirs alot of snow but my god, i woudl sure be nervous for destroying the drive
  4. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

my back yard is up against a huge factory . thay purchased there own case 4x4 backhoe years ago. then thay custom made there own plow blade for it. that blade has to be 12-14ft fide . but i am not sure as i ahve only seen it from a distance. all fenced in and security office.

thay clean there own lot in just a few hrs with that thing. i think thay have had it for over 10+ years. its amazing how fast thay do it. the total # of std size city lot houses on the street that borders there lot has to be 35-40 long . then the first lot thay plow is prob half that long wide. and on the other side of the bigmasive building there is 1/2 as much again to plow.

given the time thay take to plow it and how fast it works like a charm. and the reg houses gettin plowed by a backhoe with a 8-10 ft box pusher with deep sides i bet he puts the snow right in the perfect spot with 1 big push.

ya it sucks right now everyone wants a peice of the pie and thay dont relize that there small intrusion realy hurts the man that has been makin his livin off this for years as a full time job. not as a hobby for a few quick bucks like most new people want.

but if we stay strong we will prevail in the end. wait till he backs in to a car ( bmw/benz/porch ) he will have to explane that to his insurance comp. . . . :laughing:
  5. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

The back hoe will do a better job at scraping and back dragging. It will also turn tighter than a pick up will.
    I don't see an issue plowing with it. If he is a low baller that's a different story
  6. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

I have plowed driveways with a john deere 310 b , same size as a 580 case . Works fine on driveways ,
    a machine or a truck doesnt do any of the damage , its the guy operating it .
  7. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Cause you own them! :laughing:
  8. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

last time we had a 40" snow fall, i broke out about half the neigbourhood with our old 1970 580. with drifts over 6' high, that i could drive the hoe right on top of, trucks didn't stand much of a chance...

it all depends on the drive, i would want to hang a blade out there myself, never been a fan of plowing with a bucket
  9. JpLawn

JpLawn Senior Member

This is the problem with sub divisions. Every one talks to every one. This guy has an advantage over you cause he live there. Maybe his backhoe is paid for and he doesn't need to get top dollar for it. Loosing work to some one else is part of doing residential plowing. This is why I will not plow driveways.