1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

would you pay $3500 for this ford truck?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Jay brown, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

would you pay $3500 for a ford f700 DOT truck. 1992 5+2 speed, apx 100k miles, single axle dump with a ford diesel motor? it has central hydro and is already plumbed (with flow controls) for my sander. also plumbed for a plow. body and interior is in fair condition, has some small damage to fiberglass hood.

2. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

Only thing that hurts it in my opinion is the FORD diesel in a big truck. Otherwise worth the money.

3. Jay brown

i hear ya.... it only has about 210 hp?? but it would be plenty of power putting around town with 5-6 ton of salt.

4. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Is it the DT444 or DT466? They are Navistar Engines, the same ones found in International Trucks.

The 444 is the 7.3L V-8 while the 466 is a 7.6L I-6.

5. Jay brown

it's a FORD diesel. not sure what the model is. i know it's like the Navistar dt 466 you are talking about (about 200-220hp).
    i wont ever buy a DT 444 again, we have one in a IH truck and it is gutless (about 135 hp) natural asperation.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2007
  6. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

The DT444 is the same engine (with different tuning) as the 7.3L Powerstroke. ;)

7. Jay brown

yep, we have 2 of the IDI natural asp. and 4 PSD's. the Ford truck i'm looking at is a FORD diesel I-6

8. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Right, what I'm saying is, the "Ford" I-6 diesel is a MUCH better engine than the PSD V-8. I know there will be 'haters' flocking to this thread now...

Diesels should never have been IDI, nor Naturally Aspirated, they just can't get enough air without some type of forced-induction.

9. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

If you don't buy it I might. Where is this truck exactly?

10. Jay brown

i bought it today, i was wrong about the year it was a 1990.