1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Would you guess this trailer is over 6 years old...

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Triple L, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Just got my trailer back today...

Sand blasted, painted, scorpion coated on select parts, all new electrical front to back and new rubber...

Super happy

Now time for some nice Triple L lettering...

:drinkup:

230.jpg

229.jpg

228.jpg

2. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

YES! but thats cause you just told me.... hahah if you hadn't said something I would have thought it was maybe 1or 2yrs old if that.

3. Triple L

from Canada

1-2 years old... the only thing that shows the age is the floor, Im thinking checker plating the whole thing... Then it truely will look better then new... Good idea?

4. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

How bad of shape was it in? Cost?

I am going to be selling some 6x14 single axles fairly soon and I will be looking for something along those lines. If anyone needs to downgrade, let me know. They are not in great shape, but are decent.

5. Triple L

from Canada

$1500.... I threw buddy the check and said make it out yourself LOL.... I was thinking along the lines of $2500 + for all the work that was done....

Trailer breaks didnt work, clearance lights didnt work, paint was still pretty good tho, but it dosent matter how good it was cause it got sand blasted top to bottom, took over 10 hours in sand blasting alone....

Canada Trailers Are BY FAR the best mfg. in the market IMO :drinkup:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  6. Pristine PM ltd

$1500 seems quite reasonable for that amount of work. What would a new trailer like that cost these days? I remember buying a 7x16 for $2300 5 years ago, but I doubt they are that cheap still.

7. Triple L

from Canada

No idea, I got myn rebuilt cause I've been looking around quite a bit lately, Even talking to Canada Trailers and cause of all these idiots like Miska and jdj building such cheap crap econonmy trailers even Canada isnt building them like this anymore cause they cant compete on price... But thier more economized trailer is still 10 times better then a miska and this one is 20 times without a doubt... Price dosent really matter to me as long as its quality... When I dropped this off I didnt even ask for a price... Found to this morning how much it came to LOL... Maby a little too much trust?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  8. Pristine PM ltd

I haven't even looked into it yet, didn't realize how narrow my other trailers were.

9. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Trailer looks spiffy Chad! Try brushing some clear coat sealer on the wooden platform. It will act as a water barrier. Thats what Im doin next week.

10. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

Trailer looks good. I like the truck pulling it :nod:

11. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

Very nice I would get some deck cleaner for the boards that should make them look like new again then a good sealer.

12. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Trailer looks good. Price was great.

13. wewille

wewille Senior Member

Looks awesome!

14. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

No stick with wood. Metal is slippery and when it gets dented it looks like crap. Trailer looks great. How come you didn't take your new deckover to pick it up. LOL

15. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

That looks good.....
    I usually get mine custom built, due to the same reasons you guys have about miska, jdj and the like. They're building them lighter, less cross beams, no design at all. My newest is aluminum with checker plate,front and back ramps and I still had to modify it because the manufac put the rails inside the fenders instead of ontop (moron)... lost 4 inches of width inside.
    I like the wacker stackers at the front.
    Does anybody know of a small tank system for mixed fuel? I'm trying to make one with gravity feed that would be mto compliant. So far I like www.tidytanks.com but haven't found any others that come close. I want to get away from jerry cans.

16. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

It took 10 hours to blast that?? did you have it done or do it your self?

17. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

trailer looks great chad and the price was definitely right :nod: whats it rated for ?

18. Triple L

from Canada

2 - 3500 axles... Got plans for the letting... This thing is gonna be just bitchin... Hopefully in a week or two check back :drinkup:

19. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

No it looks good. Did a great job on it.

20. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

Looks very good!!