1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Would you do this?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by jkrezdorn, Jan 27, 2016.

1. jkrezdorn

jkrezdorn Member

[​IMG]

I think this guy is stuck.:nono: From what I heard he was stuck on the highway. He asked a plow truck to push him off the road. I am not sure I would do that.

2. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Oh man.....

That's freaking funny.....

Is that in NJ ???

If so, tell me where. I think I need a cup of coffee......

3. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

If I did I'd hopefully remember to do what a co-worker had done to him....

He was out (he's an uber driver) and got stuck in his crossover suv thingy. He asked for help getting pushed/pulled out by a guy in a pickup. The other guy took a video with his smart phone of my co-worker stating he was asking for help to get out and would not hold the other driver responsible for any damage to his vehicle. Other driver hooked up a strap and yanked him out.

4. jkrezdorn

jkrezdorn Member

No it's over here in PA. Rt61 in Leesport. It was there for at least 3 days. I stopped for gas twice and had to get the picture. It is funny.

5. jkrezdorn

jkrezdorn Member

That is a very good idea. The car did have some dents in rear quarter panel. Not sure if they were before or after. I am always worried about lawsuits payup

6. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

yes, i did it around 8 years ago to a dodge mall crawler.
    i was clearing a park parking lot for the town and this dipstick in the mall crawler came flying in sideways as i was backing up and almost hit me. as i went to speak to him he jumped int he back of the truck, fired up a quad, flipped me the finger and off out of the bed with the quad across the park.
    i called police headquarters and the patrol sergeant came by and told me to block him in after we noticed there was no front driveshaft in it.
    so 4 other trucks were called and we stuffed all the snow from the lot under it, lifting it around 3 feet off the ground. plus another 10 foot or so of snow stacked around it 4 foot high.
    the police chased him and another quad for a while, then the sergeant told them to let them go, if they did not kill themselves we will eventually get them because we have their truck.
    the next day the guy came back for his truck only to find a stack of tickets under the wiper, and he had to call a heavy wrecker AND a backhoe to dig it out before they towed it away.....to the police impound yard.

7. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

PA Turnpike announce they will be closing the turnpike in the near future because they have 500 cars abandoned in a 70 mile section. They are proposing a 100 mile detour while they deal with the problem. Not a good time to be a turnpike worker.

8. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

I have seen lots of cars I would like to do this to.

9. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

I pushed a s10 blazer in to a lot the guys were a little toasted i said its going to bend the spare tire and the tailgate they said it better than a dui if we get caught out here. It bent it ever so slightly. Oops they didn't care

10. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Push a strangers vehicel with my plow.:nono: nope,

Plow in a vehicel, :nod:yes

11. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

As mulch as I would enjoy doing something like that to a person that had it coming I'd pass. IMO messing with someone vehicle in a way that can cause damage is taboo.
    I know if someone jacked around with my vehicles I'd be on the war path.

12. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

If I'd been warned for days that a storm was coming and I went out in it and got a stuck I'd expect someone to jack me around. Every time I hear someone whining about being stuck on the highway for hours I laugh harder than the time before.

13. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I only plow them in at the request of my client.
    A naiboring business useing the lot for employe parking and for parking their plow truck,

I got a bonus every time I did it, I even posted a pic of a red truck plowed in.

At another lot that is posted no parking,
    They called a tow companey, and set it up so all I had to do is call and the lot would be cleared.

We don't dammage the vehicel..:nono:

14. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

You never know the situation either, a few years back i had a car in one of my lots for about 2 months, I got used to cleaning up around it and ignored it. Turns out the guy was driving and had a medical issue, parked it and called for an ambulance. He passed away in the hospital. When the family finally collected the vehicle, I happen to be plowing the lot and they apologized for it being there so long and explained the situation. I'm glad I didn't plow it in or mess with it at all...on anyone's advice

15. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Pushed a forklift once. Was up hill and he couldn't make it, so I shoved him up through the door. I have pushed the tail end of our plow trucks out of windrows. But some random persons car, never.

16. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Leaving a 6' tall windrow around a vehicle is one thing, key word "around" but packing snow against a vehicle to the point the vehicle is raised off the ground is a little mulch.

17. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

Thank you for an enjoyable read Thumbs UpThumbs Up

18. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

Like the dude in the fuel station that cut you off ?

:D

19. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

I just have to ask....

At what point did you hurt yourself doing this ?

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

20. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Oh that DC from NYC.......... Some folks just bring oot my evil twin......