1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

would you do this

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bmac32, Jan 12, 2011.

1. bmac32

bmac32 Member
    from 19083

so im a firefighter and emt and my company was rolling an engine to shovel for the medic during the storm and some 90 yea rold went in to cardiac arrest so we shovel the SIDEWALK a guy in a plow showed up flipped at us for this he said wtf are you doing this is my account i plow the DRIVEWAY not you! and dropped the account on the spot how many of you would have done this?

2. Snow Bandit

Snow Bandit Junior Member

Im also a FF, and I also clear snow. This is unbeliveable. I would assume you guys were in bunker gear or easily identifiable as FF's and Emts. Buddy must have been an idiot. I'd never drop a contract over something like this. I'd get out of my pickup, grab my shovel and help the guys out.

3. bmac32

bmac32 Member
    from 19083

we were in our gear with a huge engine with lights going a ambulance and a medic car. i called a buddy of mine and he took her account for free.

4. pmorrissette

pmorrissette Senior Member

that guy was a ******.

5. blizzardsnow

blizzardsnow Member

You can't fix stupid.

6. cotter

cotter Senior Member
    from Ohio

Nah, a ****** has more sense than that. I have never had that happen and would have called the Popo if he was trying to stick around while we were working with/for the patient. Give him a really bad day.

Chad

7. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

must have been having a bad day. could have suggested anger management classes to him

8. Omran

Omran Senior Member
    from KY

If some one does the same to me, he will be sorry he ever opened his mouth.
    that's bad, ppl with no respect for Firefighters and emt don't need to go to work, how he will feel if he needed your help in an emergency or an accident. Man ppl like him makes me really pissed, sorry if I have to vent out.

9. bmac32

bmac32 Member
    from 19083

we had no idea how to respond to him. vent here its better on line then at a person

10. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

You rolled an engine to shovel a sidewalk?

11. bmac32

bmac32 Member
    from 19083

well we had a crew in station and they requested us to help with a lift assist and then the snow was so bad they requested that county has a engine roll as a snow crew idk im just a laborer

12. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

and you'd have a free ticket to jail.

13. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

If the right cops came to the sene, that man could be in deep trouble. He and his truck would be checked from one end to the other. Being the azz that he is, he would most likely argue with the cops and end up making a scene and they would take him to jail give him the appropiate tickes and impound his truck.

14. cotter

cotter Senior Member
    from Ohio

With slips and falls being the highest ranked cause of injuries to ff's/emts we usually send extra manpower when the weather dictates. Not necessarily to shovel the sidewalks but to help carry the patient, equipment and help out with family members of the patient. Many hands make light work.
    Here in Ohio we have laws about interfering with FFs/EMTs while on emergency scenes and if this guy persisted he would in fact end up in jail with his truck impounded.

Chad

15. snowfighter75

snowfighter75 Senior Member

BUDDY is not a professional in my eyes!!!!!

16. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

That's sad!

17. CHCSnowman

CHCSnowman Senior Member
    from Indiana

Maybe he was just pissed because he thought you were firemen out making more money on the side. I don't know about you guys....but I get tired of competing against firemen & policemen. Our firemen here all have "Off Duty" businesses......and it does get frustrating when you pay their wages in the form of tax dollars, then get to compete against them to make a living.

The last fireman I had any dealings with had a damaged roof and gutters. He called me out to give him an estimate, measure his roof, deal with his insurance company and then I got him $22,000 to do the repairs. He called me up and said he and a couple of his firefighter buddies were going to do his roof on days off. He sent me a $20 gift card for my time......and it cost me $28 to eat at the place the card was for. He did his own roof and then got caught in a thunderstorm with no tarps and house torn off.....another $17,000 in drywall damage. I didnt help him with that claim........I suppose his buddies did it on the side, since they can't make a living working.

It is really no different then competing against people who are drawing unemployment and working on the side for cash......they have an advantage when the tax payer is subsidizing their pay check. They can work for less because they are already ahead, before they go to work.

Thanks for letting me vent.

18. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

I would be embarassed that I hadnt had it done yet, I know you cant service everyone at once but I'd still feel bad...I hate when I get somewhere and the homeowner shoveled a path to the mailbox or something, just makes me wish I could get there faster.

19. Jacobsmovinsnow

Jacobsmovinsnow Senior Member

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!same problem north of you. Its absolutely ridiculous. tymusic

20. bmac32

bmac32 Member
    from 19083

alot of our guy have legit trades like roofer electrician plumber on the 3 days we have off