1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Would you do it?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Summerlawn, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Summerlawn

Summerlawn Member

Put a wideout on a 2012 F250 gas? It says it can handle it, but I am worried it will destroy the front end in a year. What do you think.
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Go for it,when your done take it off.Don't be a cool guy driving around with on from now until May.
  3. Summerlawn

Summerlawn Member

The truck sits in a barn when not in use, so not a problem there. Quickmatch says it will fit, but I am still hesitant I will be replacing ball joints every other month. What are these going for these days?
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Never had a problem with my Boss v plow on. U joints were more wrecked by the salt then the plow.
  5. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

Got an 8611 on a 2011 F350 gas. Plow weight is 920 lbs. Not sure but I think there's only a couple hundred pounds difference in the front GVWR from the F250 to 350. We don't drive around town with the plow in all winter though. Truck sits, or plows, period.
  6. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I run it on a 12 with the 6.7 CC. No problems on my past 11 or 08
  7. forbidden

forbidden Senior Member

Hit 167000 km on my 08 350, 4 years of plowing and heavy trailer pulling. Just did the ball joints now. I would put a plow on the truck and let it make its' money for you.
  8. PhilFromErie

PhilFromErie Senior Member

Quick match is VERY cautious. If it says you are ok, you are ok and then some.