1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

would you consider this dumb?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bribrius, Dec 4, 2007.

1. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

went by a walmart today. loader with a box there. no other equipment there other than the loader. of course the walmart is open so the loader is basically just sitting there and doing a little in the very back of the parking lot where no one is parked to kill time and try to look busy.

what is the point of this?
    i always saw a pickup doing store lots during business hours because of obvious congestion due to the amount of people. when i saw the loader there i felt so bad for the guy i felt like pushing him some snow that he cant get because hes too big to manuever around to get any on his own without hitting a car or disturbing the customer and traffic flow. lol . :D

dont know the company that got that bid. but i am not sure they know what they are doing.
  2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

You better go right down there and learn him right.:dizzy:;)
  3. GL&M

GL&M Senior Member
    from PA

I was at a Walmrt yesterday and all they had sitting there was a Case backhoe with a bucket. I hope the contractor brings other equipment on site when it snows. It will take for ever to clear it with just the bucket.
  4. wishingtoplow

wishingtoplow Member
    from Pa

at our local wal-mart they use a backhoe with a big pusher, and a ford with a v plow.
  5. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

that would make since. this place was minus the pickup truck. it was obvious too. the whole place looked like crap except for the little section in the back the loader felt safe in navigating.