1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Would you buy this Truck?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by DBL, Oct 12, 2005.

1. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

2. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Looks like a fairly sound truck. Not my cup of tea (mainly the big blue oval in the grille), so I won't be bidding against you! Remember, it is going on 13 years old, so it is bound to have lots of quirks... especially if it has been a plow truck all this time. The non-turbo 7.3 isn't nearly as powerful as the Turbo version, but should be reliable enough and decent on fuel.

I had a friend with one similar to this, it had constant electrical problems, so he ditched it after a year or so.

Remember to ask lots of questions ahead of time...
  3. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

That's a really big hitch bolted to that rear bumper, and the tailgate says that the truck probably pulled quite a few gooseneck or 5th wheel trailers. These big trailers are very hard on transmissions. If you look at the third question thatsomebody asked him, thay asked about the transmission and he just skipped over the trans and didn't say that there were no problems with it. 160,000 hard, plowing and trailering miles are like 300,000 regular car miles! Just being objective so you know what you are getting into... :dizzy:

Good luck! payup
  4. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Truck looks decent, but the plow says Meyer on it. :cool:

ADLAWNCUTTERS Senior Member

Are you kidding me . Don't waste your money you can tell that truck has been roached out. That truck has seen a lot of hard winters since 1993. Not to mention they towed the crap out of that truck. If it where a truck from the south(non Flooded) and the body was solid maybe.I would not want a truck with a meyers plow, not even for free.I have had older ford trucks and they suck. They will nickle and dime you. good luck
  6. Stripe This

Stripe This Member
    from NJ

That truck is right around the corner from me...owned by a local landscaper. I've never seen the truck on the road, but from what I know, his trucks are in good shape. Good luck.