1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Would you buy this for $18,900? Need advice.

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by mak, Jan 17, 2008.

1. mak

mak Junior Member

It's a 2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD with 37,000 miles on it. The dealer will give me a 3yr/36k mile bumper to bumper warranty for $2400 but it has a $100 deductible per repair. It has a 7 1/2' western unimount on it. I thought this was a good value but need some direction.

2. dakotasrock

dakotasrock Senior Member
    from MN

idk that plow seems kinda small for that truck. What r u going to use it for? Residentials would be fine, but if ur gonna be doing commercial, that plow just isnt it.
  3. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

I wouldn't have a problem using that plow for commercial. 7.5 is the best of both worlds. You can still do residential driveways and get your foot in the door doing commercial lots.

You may want to consider a pair of wings. Otherwise, I think $18-19 is a little high. I'd probably offer them @ $16 and try to go from there.

Otherwise, it looks like a great truck.
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Tell him 14 with the warranty. Because you really don't need it.
  5. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

Gas Or Diesel And What Size Engine If Its Gas?
  6. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

nope.. way to high.. more like $13-14k w/ warranty
  7. Plowinpro03

Plowinpro03 Senior Member

deff should neg. a lot for that truck.. Make note that there giving those trim levels away for not much more then what hes asking for it.........no ones looking to go big GM motor with gas above the 3 dollar mark...
  8. Proscapez LLC

Proscapez LLC Senior Member

I just pulled a MMR and it says an Loaded up extended cab is $13.5. dont even bother checking kelly blue book or nada. There numbers are so high right now its stupid. the market is flooded with used vehicles and its a real buyers market.
    A friend just bought a 05 Loaded up 4x4 crew off lease 14k
  9. mak

mak Junior Member

Thanks so much for the info. It's a 6.0L gas. I'll negotiate more.
  10. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Awesome looking truck, but I'm thinking it's a little on the high side. What does it have for options? I hate to say this but right now (winter time) is the worst time to buy a truck because the dealers know that you want it especially with a plow. If you can't talk him down to 15.5 i wouldn't take it... You can find the same truck or newer in the spring for a TON cheaper...
  11. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

At least around here anything in the 15's with the plow if its all as clean as it looks would be a good price!
  12. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

don't ever buy extended warranties, they are almost always 100% profit for the seller and rarely are used by the buyer......
  13. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Offer $13,000 and forget about the warranty! Stop at $14,750!
  14. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

actually right now is the BEST time to buy a vehicle from a dealer because there business is sooo slow they will do almost anything to make a deal work...
  15. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

yea that is very high i went and drove an 05 diesel crew last night, has 57K on it, they were asking 20,500
  16. topdj

topdj Senior Member

for that price he should GIVE you the warranty with a ZERO deductible
  17. toyman

toyman Senior Member

The warranty cost the dealer about $700 for the term (don't ask how I know these things). The truck is way over priced, $16K complete with the warranty would be an honest deal for that truck.

18. smithplowrepair

smithplowrepair Junior Member

I don't know about Mr commercial up top, but I'm sorry, that little truck is not made for commercial plowing with a blade larger than 7.5 feet, any more and your abusing the truck. Take a look at the load description for the front end, calculate load with about 4 feet of leverage out from the truck, with bouncing of the load and you'll see that Mr Commercial has no clue. It looks like a really clean set up and a 7.5' blade is the best of both worlds. If you're good with the plow you don't need anything larger. If you want commercial capacity out of that same plow, you can get a set of box ends for it from us, this will give you about a 10 foot push pattern on that particular plow. I totally agree with the guys out there that know this is a buyers market, push that dealer all the way up against his office door with a low ball price, then walk, he'll call you, they need to sell something now. Call 630-803-4088

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

$4,000-$5,000 too much IMO
  20. HinikerPrototyp

HinikerPrototyp Member

I always buy the extended if my truck is for commercial or residential, free turbo, free two transmissions, free glow plugs, free wire harness on both sides to my glow plugs., I always get my moneys worth on the extended warrentys. just my two cents, as for that truck id say keep looking