1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Would you buy the...and why?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 06HD BOSS, Aug 21, 2006.

1. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Comparing the 8' Boss SuperDuty trip edge with the 8' Fisher X-blade...
    which one would you guys pick and why? Comparing speed, durability & reliability.
    In the market for my other truck and just wondering what fisher might have to offer.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2006
  2. salopez

salopez Senior Member

I would go with the x blade. Very aggressive design, just be careful if you are plowing allot of gravel, the x eats it up.

personally I am a pro+ western guy. nothing is built heavier.

3. 06HD BOSS

Every plow ive used before this Boss was a fisher. No problems to speak of. And finally Fisher upgraded their lights! Just not sure if theyve improved on the speed of the plows...

4. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

X BLADE!!!!!!!!!

I grew up with fisher. My dump would have gotten an X blade to replace the POS meyer it had. But I stumbled across this 9' western Pro plus for $2500 that was used 3 times.

5. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

I've primarily owned Fishers and am now looking into the Boss. I owned an 8' X-Blade (just not big enough for the commercial sub work I do) and like every other Fisher I've owned, it was built like a tank and performed great. IMO Boss makes nice stuff, but the Fisher X-Blade beats their trip-edge model hands down.

6. winged1dur

winged1dur Senior Member

I think you will find the new Fisher XtremeV to be at least as fast as the Boss!

7. 06HD BOSS

Yeah i did read that somewhere, but i dont really have much interest (or need) for the V.

8. JLK 1500

JLK 1500 Junior Member

The new fisher are faster than the new boss. Ive started out with a Meyer, then a western, and got my fisher and boss at the same time. For my new truck im getting the fisher ss 7'6 Xtreme V. Looks great and very fast. New brighter lights, and new design for the pumps and the electronics. The one thing yuou have to find out though is who has a better service record in your area. By me there are so many people that sell plows but dont/wont do anything foor yea if they break. I have my meyer and western serviced at the fisher store. Knock on wood i havent had a problem with the boss plow yet to have to take it in but if they dont do anything for me then it to will go to the fishher dealer.

9. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Whats the hang up with the speed of plows? I have been reading more and more about it lately. I have 4 9ft Fisher M/C series set ups and you can time those suckas with a sundial on a cloudy day but I honestly don't think it's that big a deal. We are usually angeling when we are backing up so that we are not sitting at the beginng of a pass waiting for the thing to turn. I personally don't see what the big deal is and was just curious as to what others were so so concerned about.

10. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

Between those two I would go with the Fisher....But if it was totally up to me I'd get a Western! :drinkup:

11. 06HD BOSS

I was wondering about speed because all the Fishers ive used have always been slow (angling & lifting). Maybe because they were 9' & 10' blades? I like to maintain a slight forward speed while pushing into a pile & lifting the blade. With the Fishers i really had to almost stop at the end of the pass, lift, then push into the pile...or start lifting way early. Also on 'S' shaped driveways its nice to be able to get a fast angle while still moving.

12. PowerWagon

PowerWagon Senior Member

I have is a North Man plow, got it REAL CHEEP! :eek: it's all steel, I just put on new IRON bar on the bottom on 3 yr ago, it do me good.

I just had it repainted and am thinking put some wings on the sides.. :redbounce

SNOW!:drinkup: