1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Would you buy a SnowBear again?

Discussion in 'Snowbear Plows' started by Raketemensch, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Raketemensch

Raketemensch Junior Member

I'm seriously considering picking one up for my Jeep TJ...

Are you happy with your plow?

2. B Nick

B Nick Junior Member

I bought the biggest snowbear that i could, with all the bells and whistles including wireless remote, and so far this season it has been great, if your easy on it, it will be good to you. And im using for my business, just make sure you have some extra pasrts, just in case. winch strap, backup winch, you never know.

3. eman5oh

eman5oh Member

I had one for a f150 and it worked ok. That said I would buy a used hydrualic plow over a new snowbear for the same money, you will be happier. Just my .02

4. snowfighter75

snowfighter75 Senior Member

I'd buy one again on sale. I would never pay full price for one. I got mine almost 4 years now and it long since paid for itself.

5. toolman

toolman Junior Member

Mine has been a good plow, for the price i paid it was worth it just over 700.00 for the whole unit, i would love to have a Meyers or some other hydraulic type of plow but i just can,t justify that kind of money for what i use mine for, for my ow n personal use the snowbear works just fine, i work it hard here on the farm even used it on leveling dirt one time and it still servers me just fine. I have had to buy a few parts for it, like a switch, new winch and now i waiting for the winch arms, i broke one, but this thing is close to must be ten years old now and still doing the job.

6. MBrooks420

MBrooks420 Member
    from Erie PA

I would buy another Snowbear, if I could get a deal on one. I still think it was worth the price, and will last if not abused. I've had mine for 4 or 5 winters, and my only replacement parts were one strap, and one winch. I also stored it outside for 2 years, shortening the strap, and winch life. I also plow several family members, and my elderly neighbor, as well as my last jobs commercial lot, and now my current jobs lot. If you plow with your head, and not the skinny pedal, they are pretty tough. Look on craigslist. There is almost always a Snowbear within 200 miles for cheap. Maybe not this time of year, so much.

7. Dwestie

Dwestie Junior Member

My SnowBear was a great plow, got me started in the plow business for residential drives. Works great as long as you take your time and dont pound it into the snow banks. Only real negitive is that it does not back drag well, too light for that but on the otherhand the light weight does not tear up the front end of your truck either. I plowed with it for about 5 years before finally moving up to a SnoWay. I think you would love it on your Jeep Great driveway machine:)

8. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

If I was just going to use it on my driveway only- then yes I'd buy another one. I used mine for about 2 years before upgrading. I offered 2 of my neighbors to do their driveways, 1 of them works for a bank- one thing led to another and I started plowing all of her forclosed properties. The plow took a beating and held up well- went through 4 winches, 1 upper A frame, and the lower A frame started to "egg" at the Center bolt. I bought it for $1000 @ Lowes with 0%/0 Payments for 12 months and sold it for $500. Not bad IMO. If I didn't start plowing all of those driveways and just stuck to mine, it would've been fine.