1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Would you bring your truck to the dealership?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by affekonig, Sep 7, 2011.

1. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

I was thinking about this: I've never seen a manufacturer or dealer offer any type of pre-season inspection or really any type of offer specific to plowing. We're a big industry here and we buy a LOT of trucks. Do they owe us? What would a dealer need to offer to get you in? :mechanic:

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

It's free to go in, you just have to pay to leave!

3. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Warranty or emergency only.

4. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Senior Member

+ 1 I would never bring my vehicles to the STEALERship unless it was under warranty or an extream emergency.

5. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Complete this sentence.

"If you want something done right..."

a) do it yourself.

b) have the dealership do it.

There's your answer.

Dealership gets my vehicle purchasing business since thats what they're there for. They also get warranty repair business. Mainteannce and out of warranty repairs get done in my driveway or at an independant mechainc I can actually trust to do the work more or less right and won't charge me $35 for a spark plug.

6. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Yes, all my trucks go in to the dealer before the season. Some times they find nothing other times we catch problems before they're real problems.

7. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

by time i buy the filters and oil it's easier to let them do my service! had the tranny serviced at the local shop endedup with a leak the dealer fixed!.....sometimes itis good to use the dealer or reputable shop, but i also do some stuff myself