1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Would this be worth it?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by fedspunisher, Aug 19, 2008.

1. fedspunisher

fedspunisher Member
    from Iowa

Chevy pickup with a 6.5liter turbo diesel, auto transmission 237,000 mi have all records of motor replacement in 06 with approx 20,000 miles and a new G.M. transmission with 37,000 miles. Must see to appreciate. $2300

[​IMG]

I just bought my 1980 4x4. I got it because i knew i could fix/rebuild every part of the truck on my own. The newer they get the less likely that is.

[​IMG]

Would it be wise to buy this fix what things are wrong with the 1980 and sell it? What do you think a 1980 4x4 with new tires and a freshly rebuild front end with all new u-joints be worth?

2. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

I dont know, but I want the TD!

3. fedspunisher

fedspunisher Member
    from Iowa

Thats pretty much was i was thinking the diesel itself is worth that. If im going to end up having to fix it i would rather just keep what i have and fix it. Pretty much tired of working on what is suppose to be my daily driver. I have to many other projects i should be doing.

4. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

get the diesel. the 1980 rebuilt would be worth more than 4K. i dont even think it would be worth that.

5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

That diesel isn't anything special. If your planning to mod it to make big power keep wishing.

6. fedspunisher

fedspunisher Member
    from Iowa

Just wanting a work horse that gets better than 9mpg that is dependable.

7. fedspunisher

fedspunisher Member
    from Iowa

It sold shortly after i asked so doesnt mater anyway.