1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Would this be OK for a F150?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by eric_mc, Sep 15, 2009.

1. eric_mc

eric_mc Member

Can anyone tell if this plow would be ok for an F150? Would it be too heavy? I know I would need to buy the receiver bracket - I think the harness would work for any truck with the right adapters, is that true?

FOR SALE 7.5 foot Meyers MD-II Minute Mount PLOW all controls and elec. READY TO GO!

2. AC2717

AC2717 Senior Member

I think it would be perfectly fine for a F-150. It being Polymer is even better
  3. eric_mc

eric_mc Member

thanks! I was leaning toward a fisher - never really considered meyer, but this looks nice, and the price is pretty good.
  4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

What happened to the almost new LD?
  5. eric_mc

eric_mc Member

that thing got snatched up too quick for me!
  6. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Not a bad match for your F150, but the Poly plows actually weigh more than the ST 7.5 steel blade, Just a heads upbe prepared to Add $1000 to that price for the correct mounts light wiring ,pump service, hoses and couplings.
  7. eric_mc

eric_mc Member

^^ Got it NAscar - thank you and those are very good points!
  8. SaltDoggCometh

SaltDoggCometh Junior Member

what year is your f150 and i can look it up for you if you'd like.
  9. eric_mc

eric_mc Member

thanks salt - I think I am going to buy a new plow though - I appreciate your offer.
  10. Masons plowing

Masons plowing Junior Member

That will work just fine. Thats what I run.