1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

would this be a problem?????

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by the new boss 92, Dec 9, 2008.

1. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

so i finally gotmy mount today and i put it on and it sits about 17 1/2 inches in the center of the hole. is this going to effect the way my plow is going to sit on my truck? this is a boss rt3 with the smart hitch 2.
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  2. MJLsLawnCareNmo

MJLsLawnCareNmo Senior Member

Probably. Is it for a V plow? It should be 15.5". Can you drop the push beam a couple sets of holes or are you already in the lowest setting? Is the truck lifted?
  3. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

Mine is 14 1/4 and it works just dandy
  4. payton

payton Senior Member

mines 19" my welder is fabing some brackets to lower it to 15 1/2

5. the new boss 92

its an old body chevy, it has a 2 inch lift on it but they jst turned up the torsion bars and that lifted the frount end a little bit. its a straight blade, i just dont like the bulky ness of the mount showing, but if i have to i will drop the mount a hole and see were that sets me i will. i know its not that much higher, i just thought if it was higher and after i put the plow on it would drop to about 15.5 inches. what do you guys think?

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

The problem you are going to have with the mount being so high is the plows cutting edge isn't going to "dig in" so to speak. Your plow is going to be pitched forward more than it should. If you can lower it down to 16 inches and it would work better than at 17 and a half.
  7. the new boss 92

ok well today i got the plow on and raised, it dropped down to 15 1/4. would this be ok? or does it need to be at 15 1/2 when the plowis off?
  8. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

im pretty sure you need to measure it with the plow hooked up and the plow down on the ground, thats where your going to see the attack angle being wrong.
  9. the new boss 92

ok because i talked to a couple people i know and they told me that it would be fine aslong as it doesnt get any higher, but im going to turn up my torsion bars a few cranks more today and see what happens and were it sits.