1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Would this be a nice startup set?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by vegaman04, Sep 11, 2008.

1. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

2. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

Bump to the top

3. gkm

gkm Senior Member

i think the light on windsheild would drive me nuts after a while. I rather have it on the back of truck or un top. just my .02

4. scitown

scitown Senior Member

I have heard that front lights after a while drives people crazy. I would imagine with snow coming down in the middle of the night and strobes lighting it up would be like plowing in a night club. Throw a subwoofer in the truck and you can have yourself a rave.

5. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

i agree with sci town. I just got four tir 3 on my truck and a beacon on top and thats good enough. the interior lights mounted to the windshield are just to crazy and reflect off the glass, in a blizzard i think u would hit a telpehone pole before u even got to plow

6. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

Thanks for the replies, i kinda thought the windshield mount was going over the top. My boss owes me a favor or two from moving the shop last year and i wanted to cash in on it payup. I figured 4 of the surface lights would be plenty, but seeing as he would foot the bill i would see if he would get it for me.

7. scitown

scitown Senior Member

Where did you mount the TIR3's? On the grill? Where did you get them and how do you like them? Im hijacking the thread sorry.

8. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

A lot of people mount them on a headache racks, on the mirrors, in the grill.

9. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

you obviously must have been in my truck last year....lol...

10. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

gets a corner strobe kit and a small amber dual or quad flash beacon for the top and away ya go:bluebounc