1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Would this be a good deal on a PJ tilt trailer

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by DodgeBlizzard, Mar 29, 2013.

1. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

14,000 Lbs capacity trailer. Approximate 26' long. The bed is hydraulic resist tilt. And can lock in up position during loading. Good for hauling tractors, pickup trucks, cars, or farm equipment. Its only been used a few times. Tires have less than 1,000 miles on them. All lights are LED. Origonal price new was $6,200. My asking price of $5,000 is firm.

I talked him down to $4800. A good deal to pick up?
  2. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

Has a 20' tilt bed and a stationary 6' at the front of the trailer. 3 years old with less then 1,000 miles on it I'm told.
  3. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Pics of condition
  4. plowingkid35

plowingkid35 Senior Member

You would like it until you get any snow on the trailer, then good luck getting a skid loader or something up it. I have a 20' tilt trailer right now for summer time only, in the winter time its a royal PITA so we went to a 24' regular trailer.
  5. Dan85

Dan85 Senior Member

I'll tell you what, I really liked having a tilt-deck trailer, and I much prefer it to the deck-overs that I use now. Our trailer was a PJ and for the four years that I used it, we never had any problems.

We occasionally used ours in the winter, no real problems loading it as long as the deck was clean.
  6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Love my deckover gravity tilt, wouldn't have it any other way. Neither rain, shine, sleet, or snow (and i've loaded in all those conditions) have given me any issues loading my tractor or any other piece of equipment onto the trailer. Its not like youre going to try to load something on it when its covered in snow anyway, you shovel it off! Little bit of ice...throw down a couple handfuls of sand but i haven't ever needed to do that. I really like PJ trailers and just ordered a new mowing trailer this morning. The deal you've got in the works on the tilt doesn't sound too bad at all.
  7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I have a Speedloader power full tilt and love it. Never an issue that others seem to complain about. I haul everything under the sun on it, and use it pretty much daily. As far as snow, I've slipped and slid around on ramps and a flat deck too. That's what they make shovels and salt for.

As for the price, possibly pics and at least a model year will help. Mine's an 08, 22' deck, full power tilt with the push of a button. 14k rating, like new tires, good brakes and all new bearings. Was $7k new and I value it around half that right now. But it's also in 5yr old used condition.
  8. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I didn't see this at first. Price seems decent if this is the case. $4k seems more like it to me.