1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

would it be a good idea

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by ajslands, Jan 26, 2010.

1. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

hey i have an f250 longbed and was wonering if i should get a back rack to prevent the accident of the snowblower or spreader from going thru my window

2. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

Do you have a toolbox??

3. Lugnut

Lugnut Senior Member

both should be secured well enough not to give you any problems with your rear window

4. ajslands

no i do not

5. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

Then yes it would be a good Idea, I would also look into getting a tool box, Great for keeping the bed clean and every thing locked up

6. grasmancolumbus

grasmancolumbus Senior Member

no don't get, one wait till you break out the window then get a new window and a backack

7. ajslands

ha, then i gotta pay for it to be tinted.

8. silvetouch

silvetouch Senior Member

I would recommend getting one. I didn't have 1 on my truck and loaded the ATV and went 1" too far. :realmad::realmad:

9. ajslands

lol, my cousin has broken his window twice

10. silvetouch

silvetouch Senior Member

it barely touched the glass, but it spider webbed instantly. It took me about 15 seconds to realize that it actually just happened.