1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Would it be a good idea?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by crabman, Nov 28, 2006.

1. crabman

crabman Junior Member

anybody recommend adding a vibrator kit to my boss tail gate spreader i will be using halite crystals to start with.any input would be greatly appreciated.

2. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

dry bagged rock salt does not need a vibrator. If you buy bags that have been sitting out in the rain and are wet, or use treated/bulk salt you will want a vibrator

3. crabman

crabman Junior Member

dry bagged rock salt it will be,thanks ex-vermonter

4. Bob Church

Bob Church Member

Sure-Flow Vibrators

Of course, I always recommend putting a vibrator on a salt spreader. I know lots of guys think it's throwing money away, but with over 10,000 vibrators sold to date they must be good for some folks.

I got a call today from a guy with a Curtis tailgate spreader. He put a vibrator on his unit yesterday and last night they spread bulk salt effortlessly in Canada. I hear that same story all the time. Just glad we can help!

Please let me know if we can help you.

Bob Church
    President,
    Karrier Company
    Ph: 800-709-4434
    www.karrierco.com

5. crabman

crabman Junior Member

Thanks Bob

Thank you
    I will keep that in mind for further reference.

6. starc

starc Senior Member

I spread bulk salt in my western pro flo single stage without a vibrator. I just find the trick to be keep the salt as dry as possible. I am thinking of possibly getting a vibrator anyways just in case. Bagged salt is an awfully expensive way of salting...

7. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Sounds like a sales pitch to me!

8. crabman

crabman Junior Member

thanks for the info starc seems from what I'm getting from the posts and replies is if you were to use bulk in a tail gate spreader it would be a good idea to add a vibrator. i will be using bagged salt (halite crystals) for now. i will have to see how it goes.around my area i paided 406.00 for two pallets of 49- 50 # ers.thanks again

9. crabman

crabman Junior Member

just might be a sales pitch paphillips i guess time will tell. thanks for the come back