1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Would I be nuts??

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by M & MD Lawn, Oct 20, 2014.

1. M & MD Lawn

M & MD Lawn Senior Member

Question guys,

Would I be nuts for even considering buying a 05 LLY with 242,xxx miles on it?? I've searched the net but I wanted some feed back. I know it's said the diesel will last forever, but is it too late in its life to purchase?

2. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

What engine?

3. M & MD Lawn

6.6 LLY duramax

4. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Depends on price and condition of truck.

5. M & MD Lawn

Looks like it's in good condition, I am going to go look at it end of the week. Asking 16,000 which I personally think is high, but that's me.

6. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I always check Kelly blue book and go from that

7. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

They are workhorses, my main truck is an 07 with 205000 miles, I expected to break something on it by now. Usually needs some front end attention every few years but nothing major. I have a 96 gasser that is on its 3rd trans at 250000miles.
    There was a new 3/4 ton at our local fall fair listed out at $79800. Wasn't even a Denali Vs$16000 for a ten year old truck.... Ask him what he's getting to replace it.

8. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

297K on a 03, injectors and transfer case once.