1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Would anyone buy these?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JPMAKO, Jan 17, 2005.

1. JPMAKO

JPMAKO Senior Member

2. SGLC

SGLC Senior Member

Never heard of them.

If you want a good tire for snow and plowing, I'd reccomend a brand called GT Radial...I'd have to check my tires but the GT part is right. They are made by a company called NOKIA Tires of Finland. Have to be the best tire I've ever installed. Grip is awesome even on the 2wd.

I picked mine up for $145.00 Canadian which is $119 a tire US. They are also 10 ply load rated for hauling heavy loads. A lot of the car transport guys run them on their dually's up here for hauling the 4 car trailers.

15" Sizes non road rated for the older 2wd trucks are $102 a tire US.

I forgot, the prices I quoted were installed and balanced as well.

3. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

4. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Interesting patters, but I have never heard of them- and I don;t think there is enough square edging.

Check out Goodyear Workhorse Extragip
    Available in E load range and in that same size. Most plowers use them here- I had a set a couple of years ago and loved them- did almost the whole season in 2wd. Decided to try other tires and am regretting these BFG's, but I gotta wear them out now....

Last time I bought the Goodyears they were about $125 each.

5. JPMAKO

JPMAKO Senior Member

I think after doing some research that the Goodyear Workhorse Extragrip looks like a good tire for the money $138.00 a tire seems pretty good.

6. IndySnowPlow

IndySnowPlow Senior Member
    from Indiana

Cooper MT's....$418.00 installed total with tax and all that jazz

BIG-O tire store

7. GSORK

GSORK Senior Member

:nono: :nono: :nono:
    you will pay the tire man some serious greenbacks payup to mount and balance someone else's tire that are brand new.

8. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

yea the goodyear workhorses are wesome from my experiance, but you can't get them in 35's so i didn't get them again. The county road commission here also runs goodyear workhorses on all their pickups, and i have never seen any issues with them