1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

would a torsion key for a 1500 work on a 2500?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by sledneck24x, Dec 2, 2009.

Tags:
  1. sledneck24x

sledneck24x Senior Member

I am looking at a chevrolet 2500 diesel 1995. it is really short and i want to lift it up but I cant find a good suspension lift for it. I did find some for a 1500 would it work on the 2500 or is that not strong enough?
    If it doesnt work is there any sites out there with cheap lifts only like 2-3 inch lift?
    thanks Jon

2. purplehavoc

purplehavoc Member

Are you looking for the keys or a lift kit?
    The keys are easy and cheap to get.IIRC you can use the 1500 keys on the 2500.
    I know you can on the 99-06 BS.
    If you are looking for a lift kit then you need one for a 2500.
    You can turn your stock keys up a bit and through a block in the rear.

3. sledneck24x

I am looking for a lift kit. and i found some nice lift kits but only for a 1500.

4. purplehavoc

purplehavoc Member

Is your truck a 6 or 8 lug 2500?

5. sledneck24x

It is an 8 lug.

6. purplehavoc

purplehavoc Member

A 4'' lift is a pretty common and easy lift to come by for those trucks.
    I just found a skyjacker 6'' for my 99 K2500 classic chassis,a couple months ago
    for $1500.

7. gmcfoo

gmcfoo Junior Member

By cranking on your torsion keys and plowing after awhile you will twist the torsion bars. If you want to lift your truck and plow put a body lift with some bigger tires.

8. nv_my_z71

nv_my_z71 Member

1500 keys also known as GREEN keys will lift a 2500 and ford f-150 keys will lift a 1500. You will have to get shock extension or longer shocks depending on how much you go