1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Would a Bobcat work?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DaySpring Services, Nov 30, 2006.

1. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I just curious if a Bobcat with a 10 foot snopusher would work for my commercial account. They are building a similar complex right next to this property in the spring. Im kinda thinking about using a loader for these 2 properties. The longest run is about 300 feet. Would a Bobcat have enough power/weight to make a run that long?

apartments.jpg

2. procut1

procut1 Senior Member

I think it will be fine.....Im trying that out this year myself and I have some longer runs than that.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I would use the Bobcat just for the front and back of the building, then use the Vplow plow for the rest.

4. Watch out yelow

Watch out yelow Member

Which bobcat? what capacity pusher?

5. DaySpring Services

Probably on the lines of a 205 or 220.

6. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I would use the Bobcat in combination with a pickup or two also.

7. Dodgediesel96

Dodgediesel96 Junior Member

do you guys like the skid bobcats or the track units. Wouldent the track units have better traction then the wheel units?

8. 2_Djinn

2_Djinn Senior Member

A bobcat with a box on it would work on that site however maybe its the overhead view but that place looks small enough that I would use a truck to plow it ( no straight blade)

9. DaySpring Services

It takes me around an hour and a half to plow the lot by myself. Not too bad. If you look just to the left, that's where the new complex will be going. The lot will be atleast the same size if not bigger.

10. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

For snow removal I'd go with tires not tracks.

11. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

NOPE 8' is all it could handle
    Maybe if it had the counter weight kit on it.

12. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i think they have enough power for that