1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Would a 95 Cherokee w/4.5" lift make a decent rig

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by ccrobin, Sep 7, 2011.

1. ccrobin

ccrobin Junior Member
    from MSP

Wow, new to the site but this is great!

I've got a lawn business in Minnesota and it appears the curse of the plow has finally gotten me. I will be adding driveway service (a few with 100' plus access roads) for this winter and am looking to use a Jeep Cherokee set-up. I've found a decent 1995 Cherokee with a strong 4.0 motor but bad manual tranny. I should be able to get the tranny replace reasonably, but am concerned that the 4.5" lift could be an issue with setting it up for a plow.

Any insight would be appreciated!

Also, any thoughts on costs for a decent plow set-up??? I'm hoping $2000-$2500 is realistic.

2. ordually

ordually Junior Member

You might find that a little tall to get the angle right for the plow. I've got a factory 1" lift (off road package) with 29" tires. My front end measures 19" hub-to-fender unhooked. I set my Western 6.5ft brackets to the middle adjustment point (drops the plow frame about 1 inch below the pin) and that works just right. I could probably lift another 1-2" tops before I'd have trouble keeping my plow level.

There are some guys on here who plow with 3" lifts, and I'll bet they'll chime in with more info.

3. ccrobin

ccrobin Junior Member
    from MSP

Thanks for the reply. I was a little concerned about that. Guess I will keep looking. Good news is that there are tons of those Cherokees in my area.

Am I realistic to think I can find a decent plow for $2500?

4. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Hardest part will be finding a cherokee mount, I think Meyer still makes them but they are the only ones.

5. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

If you have the tools & knowledge you can make anything work.
    I've used welding/plow shops, who have modified the truck side mounts, so that a lifted jeep can be plow equipped while maintaining factory angles. We've been doing it in house for years now.

6. BigDBoots

BigDBoots Senior Member

I have a meyers lift frame for the 88-94 cherokee here in nj for sale if interested... no clue on how to ship it if you are interested... it mounts behind the bumper