1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

worth it

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by gr84, Feb 13, 2004.

1. gr84

gr84 Junior Member

i have the opition to buy a 83 chevy 3/4 ton short bed for 3 grand
    the body is good as well as the interior it has a 8 foot western cable control blade. i originally wanted to get a everyday truck and put a plow on it (something diesel) but here comes this truck. also i want to know if you can get a dump bed insert for a short bed truck like this (landscapnig). so do you guys think its worth the money

ps it runs well and i know the guy who is selling it and it has only plowed so far this season.

2. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

short be 3/4 ton reg cab? No such animal that I know of:confused:

3. gr84

gr84 Junior Member

i believe it is a 3/4 ton if is not every thing has been beefed up to be i have seen it

4. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

I have seen a few k20 Short beds from that era. Usually from southwest(Texas)... Not sure on inserts, but you can get full bed dump kits that will work.. Price seems high unless it is "Cherry" ...Chuck

Last edited: Feb 13, 2004
  5. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

Does seem kind of high. They do sell short bed dump instert. I have seen them made by Downeast.