1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Worth it?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by beanz27, Sep 3, 2013.

1. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

1989 F250 ex cab long box, 20X K miles on it, not rusty at all, couple dents, 7.3 idi, with a blown tranny, apparently 3rd gear is out in it. It's an auto (C6).

Here is the description, you guys tell me if you think it's worth the 1000 he is asking.

Up for sale is a 1989 F-250 extended cab long box 4x4, 7.3 idi with ats turbo kit. For starters it NEEDS a tranny, third gear is out. NEW glow plugs, power steering pump, fuel filter, injector return lines, spare new glow plug solenoid. Only dent is in passenger side of box but other then that body is better then decent. Price is firm. A-trannsmision city will put a new c6 in it for 1200$. It is worth fixing so firm. 206,xxx miles.

2. DieselSlug

DieselSlug PlowSite.com Addict

Just truck or include any accessories? Not a bad price if the body and other mechanicals are in good shape. Is his price including cost of trans/rebuild and labor? If so that's crazy cheap.

3. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

I bought an 89 f250 last year as a back up / sidewalk truck. One of my drivers up breaking the frame by the front of the bed on a residental drive way. Shortly after that the cab and floor seperated and pass side cab fell 3". Look it over really well before buying it.

4. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

Thats the as is price, with the trans being crap when I buy it. I have to rebuild/replace myself out of pocket, 1k for it as is. I haven't seen it yet, guy hasn't called back yet. I'll keep you guys updated.

5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Call around and find out what a rebuild on a C-6 will cost. Mine was $850. It's a fairly simple tranny to rebuild. There has to be 2,000 guys in this country that can rebuild them. They are tough tranny's. The only one I ever had die on me was mine!

6. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

I think its worth it, as long as the body is some what clean. You can kill an old idi. Even if you spend $1,000 for a tranny, $2,000 for a good work truck is a fair deal.