1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Worth it to put plow on ?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by herons, Aug 24, 2002.

1. herons

herons Junior Member

I've got a '98 Mazda B3000 V6 (same as Ford Ranger), 4x4, with 80,000 mi. 5 spd. man. , and I've got the driveway from Hades-1/4 mile, hilley and windey, gravel. Is it worth my while to put a small plow (6 ft.?) on this , or trade it in for a Chevy Blazer or a Ford F150 ? I also use it to commute, so gas mpg matters. Or should I just continue to pony up the $75. a pop to my old plow guy ? Seeking advice.

just my 2 cents but i`d sure put a blade on it, try to find something with the quick hitch system and take it off and leave it in the driveway or garage when your done plowing but for $75 a pop id deffinately be looking for the alternitive most insurance companies will charge you nothing if the blade doesn`t leave your yard. (be careful here that one trip to town will bite you!!!) :nono: so if your going to leave it on while traveling wherever insure it, but in the long run it has to be a wise investment in your situation.. check the different manufactures web sites out for your application im sure somebody makes a plow to fit a mazda. i`ve seen them around town. good luck and welcome aboard you`ll find tons of information here..:waving:
  3. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

I'd throw one on it would be worth it in the long run and if you sell the truck you can keep the plow (as it will see little use on just your own drive) and put it on the next truck you get. Another option is if you have the cash and time to invest in an older truck with a plow already on it. For example nto trying to sell my truck dont move it on the site, my truck im selling 90 dodge plow perfect for that application but not much else for 1500 bucks needs work but if i were you i would look for something like that too its another option that way you dont mess with your travel truck just my opinion. definately not worth the 75 bucks for each plow i think.