1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

worth buying

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by HOLLYWOOD, Dec 11, 2003.

1. HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD Member

A local nursery is selling a 1995 f250 4x4 with a 7.5 Meyers plow.
    the plow is bent pretty bad on the right side. The trucks has 95000 miles on it and is very well used
    (lots of drivers, young summer help) I'm shore the truck has been worked since day one. they want $2500.00 for it, sound like a great price for 95 f250 with a plow . But I know there 95000 hard miles

Is this worth buying as a back up plow truck?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2003
  2. ilhmt

ilhmt Member

Actually, if the body's in decent shape and the plow works well, $2500 is a pretty good price. I have a '95 Dodge 1500 4X4 that I bought a couple of years ago for $9500 and a 2 year old Western I bought recently for $2500. It should hopefully last me approx. 10 years (bearing in mind I only put around 2500 miles a year on my truck. I wouldn't be afraid to buy it for that price at all.

3. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

What engine? If it is a PowerStroke then the 95,000 miles is very low. What is bent pretty bad? I just straightened out one and it was no bid deal. I have about $2000 in my old 75' so I would say that $2500 is a good deal on a 95' although mine is very straight(truck and plow).

4. HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD Member

I got a good look at the truck today . Crawled under it the motor and tranny were leaking sounded like the valves were tapping .
    the plow is a Polly and the steel wear blade is half ripped off.
    The plow pump, I think was out of fluid it ran but wouldn't raise so I couldn't test drive. You need to start the truck with a screw driver because the key is broke in the ignition, dual gas tanks but ones missing. And on, on,

I think I'll pass. thanks for the replies

5. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

sounds good to me, fords can last forever:)